GodlyPlate
Hello Lurkers

Help me in my doubts on the controversy Godly Plate of the Whale.

- Does GPW exist or not? (can it be bought in the game) or does it just exist in the theory?
- If she doesn't exist in the game, like her it did appear?
- Why her item hack is considered by the scan?

Thanks friends.
Hmmm...perhaps a quote from AoM would work in this situation...

"Godly is a qlvl 60 enchantment. Wirt is the only source for such enchantments. Whale, also qlvl 60, is compatible with Godly. While the two enchantments can co-exist on the same item, the game cannot generate such enchantments on Full Plate Mail because this item - which would have to be sold by Wirt as it cannot generate elsewhere - is above the maximum cash amount that Wirt can sell. Now, these enchantments are able to co-exist because of a simple rule: Qlvl of the lower affix cannot be lower than half the value of the higher affix. However, Qlvl 25+ enchantments - while some are lower than half of 60 - can combine with qlvl 60 affixes. For this reason, Ages (qlvl 25), Osmosis (qlvl 60), and Whale (qlvl 60) are all compatible - stable - enchantments when paired with Godly. This is why you might've seen GPOO, GPOA, and GPOW. They're all hacked, but they're all stable."

So, essentially Godly and Whale, while being stable enchantments, can only exsist at the same time on chain mail armor because that is the highest armor that will be below Wirt's item price cap.

How does it exsist in the game? Someone with an item editor program changed an item into a Godly/Whale full plate. Because it is two valid enchantments the item does not morph.

As for your third question...dont use scanners. There is no such thing as a legit Godly Full Plate of the Whale, but scanning is a complete waste of time, as the scanner can only read the data transfered to your computer, thus only detecting obvious things that any experienced player can detect from just talking to the player.

Hope this helped, if you've got any other questions ya know what to do :)
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:Help me in my doubts on the controversy Godly Plate of the Whale. 

There haven't been any doubts or controversy on this question for a long, long time.

Quote:- Does GPW exist or not? (can it be bought in the game)

Well, it clearly does exist, and the game recognizes it as a possible item. However, it cannot be bought or found in the game. The only way to create a GPOW is to use an external program and import it into the game i.e. cheat.

Quote:- If she doesn't exist in the game, like her it did appear?

The origin of the first GPOWs in Diablo is an interesting historical question, to which I don't know the answer. My guess (and I may well be completely wrong) is that soon after Diablo came out, Enigma wrote a trainer to back up multi-player character data. He did this by copying the character data in the RAM and, unlike the character files stored on the disk, this was not encrypted and the seeds for the character's items were clearly visible hex-strings. People then hex-edited the item strings in the Enigma-trainer backup files until they produced a GPOW, and once they did this it could be duped ad nauseam.

Quote:- Why her item hack is considered by the scan? 

Well, not that scanners are to be trusted (get rid of it!), I hope it's pretty obvious that any item which the game cannot legitimately generate is a hack.