Difficulty of act bosses
lfd,May 30 2004, 06:34 PM Wrote:It's just you.  It is harder than 1.09, yes, but then again 1.09 was easy.
I wouldnt say easy. EasiER, yes, but not easy.
lfd,May 30 2004, 06:38 PM Wrote:Are you going to provide any evidence for that claim, or just leave it hanging there ad hominem style?

There are already differences between ladder and non-ladder/single player designed to make the ladder environment more challenging and, thusly, non-ladder and single player easier.
Evidence is that every boss so far has almost one-hit killed me, even Andy. As for what ad hominem means, I have no idea. Like I think someone said, ladder IS, for all intents and purposes, the same as single player.
Yogi_Baar,May 31 2004, 06:29 AM Wrote:... it was YOU who proved your point well there this time. EL OH EL.

On topic:

To me only normal Duriel seems to be dangerous, I've never had problems with any of the other act bosses. Oh, except maybe Mephisto regularly killing poor Wendy with his ice orb. :(

Of course, I'd never take on Diablo with my fire and lightning resists below 70. Maybe 50 for ranged characters. The risk isn't worth taking in HC.
I have about 55 fire and 73 lightning res on my clvl 27 assy. If I get to 30 before I face him, do you think I will be ok? And what about in the rest of the chaos sanctuary?
internetdotcom,Jun 1 2004, 04:15 AM Wrote:I have about 55 fire and 73 lightning res on my clvl 27 assy.  If I get to 30 before I face him, do you think I will be ok?  And what about in the rest of the chaos sanctuary?
If I were you I'd shop for some fire res equipment for the fight. It's cheap, and it comes on all parts of the equipment, so you can just switch some part of your equipment that's without resistances. I'd also keep some good resist jewelry (as AS mentions I think). You never know what you'll need later in the game. Don't cube/sell it all.

I think that you'll do OK at clvl 30 (with more fire res :P). All my chars survive him when they're below 30, and I'm not that good a player. I just can't think of an assassin that wouldn't be able to take him, since Blade Fury is a standard nowadays.

I've never had any problems with the rest of the Chaos Sanctuary, except of course the infamous Iron Maiden curse. One of my assassins almost kicked herself to death once. Eww. Just be careful with melee attacks (some ranged blades might help ;)) and you'll shine.

EDIT: I saw your "When to face Diablo" thread, and I suggest you put some stat points into Vitality. I try to get life to at least 250+ with ranged chars and 350+ with melee chars, but then again I play HC only so I have to be paranoid.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Yogi_Baar,May 31 2004, 06:29 AM Wrote:... it was YOU who proved your point well there this time. EL OH EL.

On topic:

To me only normal Duriel seems to be dangerous, I've never had problems with any of the other act bosses. Oh, except maybe Mephisto regularly killing poor Wendy with his ice orb. :(

Of course, I'd never take on Diablo with my fire and lightning resists below 70. Maybe 50 for ranged characters. The risk isn't worth taking in HC.
No problem there for me, my fireght resists are both 75.