Best database I've found yet
Hi,

Thott is using a bot (Thottbot) to generate data for his online database. Anyone that wants to help can contribute by running Cosmos. If, like me, you find many of the Cosmos "features" to be against the spirit of the game, it is easy enough to turn them off.

The data base itself is pretty amazing. As an example, go to the link above, from the list on the left choose "Tradeskills: Alchemy". Now click on one of the components, say "Peacebloom". Scroll down the resulting page till you get to the "Dropped by" table. Click on "Zone" to sort it that way. Now click on the map for your zone of interest. Pretty amazing, I think.

Since this is player collected data, hopefully it will be kept updated as things change (and I hope Thott's got a strategy or algorithm to clean out information that is no longer accurate). Because this information is collected automatically in the background, it will probably be both more complete and more accurate than information that requires the player to compile and submit.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Wow, this is fascinating. It's really an ingenious way of collecting cold hard data in massive quantities.

I'm definitely going to bookmark that website.
This is great - I'm going to pin this up for a little while. Anyone else have links they'd like to post to really useful WoW info sites (other than the obvious)?

-Bolty

Edit: have you seen this? You get it by fishing. What a sense of humor. :)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jun 3 2004, 04:18 PM Wrote:This is great - I'm going to pin this up for a little while.  Anyone else have links they'd like to post to really useful WoW info sites (other than the obvious)?
Worldofwar.net is pretty decent, especially the Cartography section.

Bolty,Jun 3 2004, 04:18 PM Wrote:Edit: have you seen this?  You get it by fishing.  What a sense of humor.  :)

Hoffa? [Image: dance.gif] [Image: dance.gif]
http://wow.ogaming.com/db/items/

That's probably the most complete item database I've seen yet. I never even saw most of these items. The search function and others are a menu on the left.