wow runs minimized
Hi all,

this is my first post in the wow forums. Today I installed a trial edition (14 day free). The installation and subsequent updates took quite a while (mainly because of teh downloading of these updates).

My problem is that when I open the game it minimizes in the taskbar and when I restore it I see haf a second of screen before it minimizes again. I do hear the sound of the game running (the introduction).

I am running vista home edition.
During installing I read that I could only run this in the US and asia and some other places but not europe but during installation I had no problem specifying I was in europe (no error messages).
(I got the trial dvd with the starcraft battle chest that I bought more than a years ago in the us).

It might be just a small problem, but does anybody know how to solve it?

many thanks,
What kind of hardware are you running? specifically video card and monitor. it sounds like it is failing to render or display switching between the intro sequences and splash screens. generally after you watch these the first time they don't show up again. you may try loading it up and letting it run for a couple minutes then seeing if you can tab into the game or restart and see if it loads directly to the start up screen.

Also check to see which directory the game is installed in. With Vista the game updates try to move the game into the Public folders so if there was an issue during install and things didn't get moved around properly you may have files split between the Public game directory and the Program Files directory.
Quote:What kind of hardware are you running? specifically video card and monitor. it sounds like it is failing to render or display switching between the intro sequences and splash screens. generally after you watch these the first time they don't show up again. you may try loading it up and letting it run for a couple minutes then seeing if you can tab into the game or restart and see if it loads directly to the start up screen.

Also check to see which directory the game is installed in. With Vista the game updates try to move the game into the Public folders so if there was an issue during install and things didn't get moved around properly you may have files split between the Public game directory and the Program Files directory.

It is a dell laptop, just 3 months old, if I am correct it should have an ATI radeon 256MB video card, and it has a core duo 2.26 GHz processor with 3 GB memory. The monitor should be this 15,4-inch WXGA WLED (1.280 x 800) TFT-widescreen with TrueLife™

I tried to let it load, but it doesn't help, it does the same thing.

But I now changed the settings of my display (lower) and that works.

Darn, this game is difficult!!

Thanks.