Whats the Stg. for the best armor in the game?
so, what is it!? :unsure:
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12
I'll anwser your question with a question: whats the "best" armor in the game?

After that then its not too difficult to head over to the arreat summit and look it up.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urgh, I think we all dislike "the best this" or "the best that" questions.

The fact is that the best possible armor can vary quite a bit depending on what you are trying to achieve.

The heaviest possible armor type in the game is the Sacred Armor (elite Ancient Armor) requiring a staggering 232 strength to don. Nevertheless it is not an overly popular armor type. The two only unique sacred armors are exceedingly rare and the the one you are most likely to find is Paladin specific.

Most of the popular end-game armors these days tend to be runewords and those can be placed in an armor of your liking (granted it has the required number of sockets).
When one can use an Archon Plate (only requiring a measly 103 strength) that is only slightly worse than a Sacred Armor in respect to raw armor class why pump strength then? Hell, a lot of people are even cheaper and use stuff like Wire Fleece or Dusk Shrouds.
lol sorry my bad, but i got a pure cold sorc going and this is what she currently uses

spectral shard
altmas will- embossed plate
hell mouth gauntlets
2 soj's
tr finenly spun cloth
lidless wall-sheild
gorerider

she and 23 in ice blast
20 cold mastery
frozen orb is 23
and remaining points are into synergies (glacial spike)

she does fine but my defence is 1901 and she still has problems with missle attacks
i just cant kill 20 hell skeletons that fast
any suggestions on what armor would be best

Edit: altma's plate has 919 def,

thanks a bunch
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
Hello. The strenght requirement for the BEST armor in the game is 30. You need a JAH and a BER rune as well. And yes, that armor is THE BEST, period :).

Anyways. There are two other armors worth noting, both are better choices for your build.

One is Guardian Angel, which works especially well with an upgraded mosers. These two items give you 85% base shield blocking, potentially 63% resall, a TON of faster block, 15% to maximum resists, a decent defense and an unused armour socket. I have a sorc running around dressed like that (she is a 20-orb 20 fireball 20 meteor 20 fire mastery build), she has 85% fire, 77% cold, 90% lightning resist in hell, and only needed 15x points in dexterity to achieve 75% blocking (real life saver against the silly skeleton-boys). Her base defense is 1800 (well, with oculus), if there's a defiance merc around, it usually jumps to ~ 7k, so you might want to hire a defiance mercenary if you go this route. (I still prefer my rogue.)

Another route to take is Chains of Honor. Yes, it needs a Ber, I did notice. It gives you a ton of resists, +2 skills, 70% defense, some PDR (hallo, ber!) and MF. Put it in an archon plate. Yes, it is rather expensive too.

So, were I to answer your simple 'str req for best armor' question, I'd say "118". The added bonus of wearing the Guardian angel comes to play if you're playing BattleNet. Ton of MH-using, khm, individuals will call you noob for your choice of armor/shield, then die repeatedly to a gloam pack you can tear apart in relative safety. It's always a pleasure to make fun of full-tal sorceresses who die faster than you can cast your orb.

Hope it helped.
Hmm, one thing you fail to mention is how high your blocking percentage is?

From what I see the shield is your weak spot. The Lidless Wall is almost pure caster mods and as a shield (ie. something to hide behind) it is pretty worthless.

An upgraded Visceratuant, a Mosers Blessed Circle with two perfect diamonds, a Whitstan's Guard, a Rhyme runeword in a Grim Shield or Troll Nest, or maybe even the coveted Stormshield would all be better choices for te shield department.
You're wrong. The minimum strength required for the best armor is 30 (20 if you want to make it ethereal), you were right there, but you got the wrong armor! Everyone knows that the bestest of the best armor of all time is....

LIONHEART

I can't find the Ode to Lionheart... anyone have a link to it?
Thanks a bunch all this is what i was aiming for, and ill take you up on improving my sheild.

Yes you also need a ith, but i dont wanna be like everyone engima! engima! all that stuff lol

Btw Edit^^^^^
"Here, this is sharp!"
"We could try to"
I got a Lionheart.

Still my ama can't teleport :P.
I prefer Rhyme in a Heater, as it has low strength requirements, and 42% block.