Jah and Ber Probabilities
Ok, well Ive been looking at the different equipment availible and its kinda obvious that Enigma is pretty nice for a Summoner Necro. Only problem is that I doubt I'll find equipment thats worth trading for either the runes or the item itself. So, where should I be looking for Jah and Ber? Hell/Countess? Someplace else? And Im not mistaken in the fact that Magic Find has no effect on rune drop probabilities, right?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hello.

While I have no clue where do they drop, their frequency is inadequate. Even though JAH is the most expensive rune in the game, they can be bought, and it might be the way to go.

European prices
1 enigma = 4 (3) soj
1 soj = 4 ist

Ist drops from hell hellforge.
Even though I hve not succeeded yet to collect the number of runes, this might be the easiest path to your Enigma.

Hope this helps some.
MF has no effect on runes. As for a place to find Jah and Ber, there isn't any. They're rare everywhere. I did see a Jah drop in act 3 hell yesterday, but it's a fluke; I don't expect to ever see another one.

The Countess can only drop up to Ist with her rune drop and up to Lo with her item drop.

The reason there are so high runes and high runewords in use is duping and botting <_<.
I saw a ber in A4H. If we both picked up our findings, we'd have an Engima :)

Anyway. I take adeyke's post as a confirmation to my suggestion: trade for them.
Quote:Anyway. I take adeyke's post as a confirmation to my suggestion: trade for them.

My point was more along the lines of "If you trade them, they're probably dirty. And you probably won't ever find them. So just don't plan on actually getting them. You can get along without them."
Collect enough low-lvl runes, and you'll be able to cube yourself a jaw and a ber rune in no time. (In no time meaning, the actual cubing won't take as much time as the actual finding of the low-lvl runes.) ;)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
This is a very common misconception.
In actual fact, it will take much longer to collect enough low-level runes to cube a high-level rune than it would to just find a high-level rune, unless your killing speed is orders of magintude slower in the areas in which higher runes can drop.

As an example, in Hell Pit, you expect to find a Zod for every 17826 Els. Now that is a lot, but not compared to the number it takes to cube one.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
Note, though:
Quote:(In no time meaning, the actual cubing won't take as much time as the actual finding of the low-lvl runes.)

The comparison was just between the time it takes to cube runes and the time it takes to find the ingredients. Now, it only takes a few seconds to put runes in a cube and hit the button, so obviously finding the runes in the first place will take more time.
You're right, of course.
My brain actually processed that correctly when I read the post and I still made that reply almost reflexively.
Mondays.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke