Question about new push and skill points and such
Forgive me if I missed any of this in an allready existing thread, I searched but found none (just got home from 2 beautifull weeks in warm and sunny Portugal).

Looking at my old Orcish warrior I find that beside beinf naked, she has all stats increased automatically (as described by Blizzard allready I think the maxes are not the same as before. I also find that she has far less gold than before (despite all items gone) AND all skills lost and will not be able to buy back all those fighting skills with the 2 gold she got. Oh well, I can handle that I suppose.

The trade sills and secondary skills though seems to be intact AND I got a whole bunch of skill points, 300+ (compared to less than 100 before). Do such skill points have any other use than buying trade skills and secondary skills such as surviving (making camp fires and such), new weapon types and so on? If so, I am happy, not only did my stats get a big increase, I got tons of skill points to increase my trade skills that were "maxed" on lower levels before :)

Now I only have to see if I will play this char onwards (and which quests to redo for items and such) or if I should play a new alliance one (I see starting areas changing in alliance land since push 1) or even go on with my old level 22 Night Elf (which crashes all the time when entering the game though).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:or even go on with my old level 22 Night Elf (which crashes all the time when entering the game though)
I had this problem for a long time with one of my Undead. The game just kept crashing when I got into the game and tried to do ANYTHING. I did the old /bug many, many times but eventually gave up, let him sit there for a while, and then eventually deleted him. I hope you can get your character working again, though!

As for the skill points, you can really only use them for the various tradeskills and new weapon skills. However, bear in mind that they have added some new skills to the game like additional forms of leathercrafting as well as some extra tiers for several tradeskills.
-TheDragoon
I paged a GM and we sorted it out. I think my char was in Stormwind and perhaps was in a spot that was changed and end up in an erroneous location. The GM moved my char to another town and it worked out well. I have started to play my old Orc warrior again though, basically spending a day doing old quests (yeah, I like doing all quests even if some is done again). I am now doing decent quests in Barrens again and geting good exp. Now, if I can only mine a bunch of tin to make good bronze armor, I will be set up for fightning monsters my own level again.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.