D2 classic question
I've recently started playing D2C again, and I can't seem to find any socketed armor. I've found socketed shields and helms at Farah (act 2 normal) but I can't find, nor have I seen drop, any armor with sockets.

Where has it all gone? What do I need to do/reach to start finding it?
I believe socketed body armour was introduced in the expansion. Apparently it's still expansion-only.
Hmm, guess I gotta wear goldskin. That's really annoying.
you can still add a socket to a rare item in d2c if you use a soj and a p skull
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
The recipe is three perfect skulls and a SoJ to add a socket to an unsocketed rare item. If you use a single perfect skull, it'll instead reroll the rare, which is most likely not a welcome effect ;).
Meh. Doesn't matter anyway - I needed the resists off Goldskin and/or the FHR/FBR off Twitchthroe. Sockets in armor won't do me any good, as the only useful thing I could put in would be topazes for MF.
Raziel,Jun 30 2004, 01:29 PM Wrote:Meh.  Doesn't matter anyway - I needed the resists off Goldskin and/or the FHR/FBR off Twitchthroe.  Sockets in armor won't do me any good, as the only useful thing I could put in would be topazes for MF.

It can still add the little piece of strenght/dexterity you need or the slice of life that saves you or the sliver of mana that makes you able to teleport out of danger.

But the price to pay for it is well too much :(
adeyke,Jun 28 2004, 03:02 AM Wrote:The recipe is three perfect skulls and a SoJ to add a socket to an unsocketed rare item.  If you use a single perfect skull, it'll instead reroll the rare, which is most likely not a welcome effect ;).
sure it is if they happen to be using all those dupes that are still around
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.