Will "chante to..." skills benefit from synergies?
If I use Bonehew ogre axe, it'll give me 50% chance to shoot bonespear slvl16 on striking.
Well, it will be probably the silliest necro I will ever make - the one who swings an ogre axe around - but if I have all the synergies maxed out, it might be quite an addition to the base damage?

Now if it does, will it also work for my act2 merc? If so, it would be the best polearm weapon for bonemancer's merc, right?

Thanks in advance!
Regardless of how a skill is "activated," if you have base points in the synergizing skills, the skill will be synergized.

So yes, the Bonehew on a necro would benefit from base points in bone spear synergies.

Your merc doesn't have any points in bone spear synergies, so he won't get that benefit.
Do x% chances work ideally in Diablo 2? Ie, would you be casting bone spear every other time you hit an enemy?
Assuming you're using an attack that has a chance at triggering it, you'll have a 50% chance of it triggering each hit. This has no "memory;" you'll have a 50% chance each time. So there's no guarantee that you'll always get one every other hit.
Damn statistics think they're so hot. Just can't beat the stats, can you? I'll show them.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Along this same line, do items that give '+X to all skills' also boost the level of effects generated at 'level X'?

I've seen that + all skill items do indeed boost non-native skills granted by runeword items. Wearing a Mara's amulet with a Passion weapon grants level 3 Berserk and Zeal skills to the wielder.
oskills do get boosted by +all skills, +that specific skill and +fire skills (when applicable).

There is, however, no way to boost the slvl of CTC effects, charges, auras on items, or exploding/magic arrow bows.