Interactive Map of the world
http://wow.warcry.com/content/atlas/index.php

This just makes it too easy, actually :) Note that it can be used to point out those out-of-the-way quest-giving npc's and such. But still, good to check if you can't find something, or if you want to verify that you found everything in an area of the game.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
It is still missing a lot of information, so it really is only effective as a guide on where to find something if you are having trouble. There are several innacuracies in the information, mostly due to lack of it being listed than the information being outright inncorrect. A couple of quickly noted cases are it does not list all the ores you can find in some of the regions (missing silver and iron in some, probably more than that too). Another is there is no reference to the Thresadons that are in Loch Modan. I could probably find more if I really looked, but over all it can be very helpful if you are needed to find something like this.

Also the game itself needs to have city maps that can have a mode more like these with listing where the various vendors are. In particular a fully dispalyed one that lets you see all the streets at once.
Hi,

Somebody did some good work there. Just going to the areas I am familiar with (didn't want spoilers) I did notice a few mistakes (e.g., Elwynn forest, Tommy Joe Stonfield is a fair bit off) and many omissions. For something like herbs and ores, Thott's site (link elsewhere on this page) is better because it shows the actual places that many people have found spawns. But overall, this is a nice and useful site. Especially for someone who was never good at remembering things in the first place :)

One place this map is really great is in giving the level spread of creatures. Sometimes when looking to level or grind a couple of skill points I'm wandering about going "now, where did I see those level 3 wolves" ;)

What would be great is if the in game map gave this level of information, but only revealed it as you found it. I think that Blizzard is doing the right thing with their maps right now -- you know the overall geography of the world and of some of the big regions, but not the details until you explore it. I hope they extend that concept down to the small details. And that they allow us to put markers with notes on the map.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I found that atlas a while ago and I've definitely been using it if I get a reference to a region in a quest and have NO idea where I'm supposed to go. :) It's also helpful for finding trade skill trainers when you've been doing lots of blacksmith and want to see if you don't have to take a 10 minute walk to get to the nearest trainer. It's also nice to be able to look at Stormwind and use it to find out which area has what things.

However, the atlas was generated for the game 2 patches ago and so it's missing a lot of the stuff that has been added in the last two major changes. So it's useful most of the time, but not ALL of the time right now.
-TheDragoon
Quote:I found that atlas a while ago and I've definitely been using it if I get a reference to a region in a quest and have NO idea where I'm supposed to go.

Remember to /bug these kinds of quest descriptions. If you had no idea where to go, many if not all won't either. It's easy as a game developer to get in the habit of thinking that "everyone" knows where everything is. It's good to point out to them places where that's wrong.

Also, regarding city maps, that's supposedly "on the list of things to do," according to Blizzard. When we'll see it, I have no idea.
Nocturnal Tauren
-TheDragoon