anti "block lock" change in v1.10
Since the v1.10 patch came out I've been curious about the following statement in the readme.txt:
Quote:Block lock' has been eliminated. When a player character has just blocked an attack, the player cannot block again for a short period of time, the length of which increases as Blocking speed increases.
I can think of at least three distinct implementations for which this somewhat fuzzy description might have been penned. This distresses me, as I'd like to actually know how it works (and whether it is the same for Assassin dual claw skill "blocking").

Has anyone probed this issue carefully? Specifically I would want to know how to calculate the no-lock time period and whether, during that time, one simply blocks without the animation/interruption or one simply doesn't block (and do you get 100% here either way or is the random chance of your block% thrown again)?

If they actually made a change here, did they do something about dodge/evade/avoid lock in a similar vein?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
iirc you can only block once each ten frames now whether you have a 2-frame block or a 5-frame block
Brista,Jul 12 2004, 01:53 PM Wrote:iirc you can only block once each ten frames now whether you have a 2-frame block or a 5-frame block
Does that mean that only the necromancer, druid in human or werebear form and the amazon using one-handed swinging weapons benefit from Faster Block Rate? Or am I misinterpreting this?

EDIT: I'm probably misinterpreting this.

If a character has, say a 4-frame block, it means that it will block, and in 4 frames the block will be over. There will still be 6 frames left till that character can block again, but in those 6 frames the character is free to do whatever he/she wants, be it attack, cast, whatever. With a 10-frame block, he/she would still block at the same interval, but he/she wouldn't be free to do anything in the mean time. Is this thinking in the right direction?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
This does not feel right. (lev9 dueling experience: my assassin tries to hit max-block-dodge amazon, and fails to do so for like 4-5 seconds.)

Then again, who knows.