Amulet with Teleport charges
What's the best level, or which level can you start to attempt to gamble amulets with teleport charges?

What level to roll one with the 3 rings- to a new magic amulet horadric cube formula?

You need an ilvl 48 amulet to have that chance. So you start being able to gamble them at clvl 44 but should really be clvl 53+. If you want to get one with 3 rings, you need to be clvl 64+.
Thanks a bunch Adeyke :)

I haven't been having ANY luck lol (over 10 million gold gambled so far) on getting an a teleport amy, (char lvl 82) so I guess I will keep on trying :(
At ilvl 48, a magic amulet only has a 1/268 chance of getting teleport charges. At ilvl 99, it's a bit lower, at 1/325. Either way, it's not a common affix.
So the chance goes down as you level up? Hmmm...should I be making a teleport amulet gamble character just like the old time weapon and shield imbue characters?

The difference between 1/268 and 1/325 is pretty significant, in the order of 3.6 million gold and given that I actually want multiple amulets...

1) Which character level has the highest chance to gamble one?
2) Which clvl has the highest chance to roll a new one in the cube from 3 rings?

Haha, I hope I am not pestering you too much, and I thank you sincerely for the answers and knowledge you have provided.
Your question has already been answered on the AB. Please don't ask the same technical question in both forums at the same time. If it's a subjective question (i.e. one where different people will have different opinions) or if it's a question that has stumped one forum, posting it on the other is fine. That isn't the case here, though.
Haha, yes, I feel like an idiot :P

I have never posted a technical question before at the AB and wasn't entirely sure on the response time, but as I was in game gambling more and more gold I was looking for a quick answer.

Sheepishly departing back to the game, thanks a lot :)
Whitering,Jul 13 2004, 10:34 PM Wrote:So the chance goes down as you level up?
The way it works is that more affixes become available as the ilvl of the item rises. So a level 99 item should have all the affixes in the game for that type of item available

A level 53 character will, as Adeyke said, always get an item with a sufficiently high ilvl for the affix you seek.

A higher level character would get more affixes, generally speaking better affixes like good leech or +2 skills although some high level affixes are rather underwhelming

Whether it's best to create a character specifically is up to you. A decent gold finder character should be able to raise money pretty fast, I've heard a million per Hell Council run even in the days before Gheed's Charm and all the other new goodies

Since you're basically just waiting to get lucky once, I assume, I'd find interesting places to gold/magic find and have fun raising cash in the process

Doesn't seem worth creating a level 53 character (unless you do it a LOT faster than I do :) )

On the other hand if you've another build you want to do anyway, shelve your main, get your second character to level 53 and then play your main and raise some cash

Don't forget to check any amulet that drops - monsters after late act 2 Nightmare will be high enough level to drop one with this affix
Thanks, levelling a character is very fast as I have two comps and two copies of DII :P I just have to get the character to 25, then 75 isn't far behind. So a 53 mule isn't out of the question.

I do pick up every ring or ammy I come across if only to cube them trying to get a teleport amulet <_<