Question about Slowing effects stacking
Off the top of my head we can slow a target by:

1. chilll (applied in some fashion)
2. "slow" delivered "physically" (melee or ranged application of "hit slows target X%")
3. Decrepify
4. Holy Freeze
5. Clay Golem (hitting or being hit)
6. Poison Creeper mats

My understanding is that v1.10 is uniform but liberal in combining slowing, but I do not understand the mechanism at all.

For example I've read many reports that Decrepify and Clay Golems work in combination well together, but from this factoid I have no clue as to whether Holy Freeze would add on top of that (or compete with the prior slow effects), etc. etc.

Could someone either recap or point to a thread giving the basis for how one determines how these effects combine (or not, aka overwrite or discard)?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
I recall a thread where it was stated that the following effects combine:
1. Chill
2. "Slows target by X%"
3. Decrepify
4. Holy Freeze

I'd certainly been assuming this during the last ladder season with my 'uber slow zon' who used 70% slow, cold dmg, and a HF merc with reaper's toll. It's likely I'm over a capped value here but it's fun to don blackhorn's face and play almost like medusa.

I believe clay golem counts as an effect of type 2 here. I was not aware of the poison creeper mat slow (but we're finding out alot about that underused skill at the moment). If I were to speculate, I'd say it's likely to be a slow attack of either type 2 or 4, depending on how it is applied.

This is purely from memory without the thread in question or any testing to backup I'm afraid. In fact, I've not seen any testing to prove this, merely taken it at face value from some of the more versed in game mechanics (when you go on long breaks from d2 you tend to miss some of the details being thrashed out in testing). It makes some 'sense' to me though, just thinking on how the effects are applied.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

/edit - sloppy punctuation, mixed tenses.