New runewords?
http://www.roleplayer.org/forums/index.php...p?showtopic=633

Mindless : VexZodIstOhm
Vindicate : VexIstOhmJahEthEl
Fake. I've seen them discussed before.
Very fake.

We know what all the potential names for runewords are. Those two names aren't on the list.

Also, those recipes aren't on the 1.07 disabled runewords list. In order to make them, you'd have to guess correctly from billions of possibilities. That's practically impossible. So they couldn't actually have discovered runewords like that.

EDIT:

Also, the defense of the armour is wrong. Ethereal balrog skin with 400% enhanced defense would have 3075-3875 defense, not 2465.
adeyke,Aug 4 2004, 02:51 PM Wrote:We know what all the potential names for runewords are.  Those two names aren't on the list.
We do not know the potential server-side list which could be a reason for the undetermined runewords...that or they weren't activated yet :P
Thanx for the confirmation :)

I can then still hope for some more mid level "atainable" runewords using GUL or lower runes ... (cause i sure hope non of the 23 new runewords look like these...)
There are 170 runeword names given in the string look-up tables. AFAIK, these cannot be changed with a server-side patch. That is, the client will use its own look-up tables, without seeing any changes made server-side.

That means we do know the 170 potential names for runewords.
the 1.10 patch now allows server-side patches which effect realm only gameplay, the full potential is yet unknown and I, as well as others, assume that these and many other changes are possible.

Sorry for being the new guy rebel but this is simply what I believe :P

I have yet been proven wrong in this senario, unless you wish to do so :rolleyes:
D2 consists of both server code and client code. When you play single player, you use your local server code and your local client code. When you play TCP/IP, you use the host's server code and your local client code. When you play on Bnet, you use the Bnet server code and your local client code.

Note you are always using your client code. To change this, you need to download something. So client code only changes with a new patch.

This limits somewhat what Blizzard can change between patches. Internal mechanical stuff like the FE bug is all server code, no problem fixing that. Something related to the graphical interface though like the damage being displayed wrong for throwing weapons, or your skeleton damage if you have unused skill points, requires a change to the client code, so they can't fix those yet.

The runewords are defined server-side, which lets them add new ones. However they are defined with labels instead of names (letting them more easily create multi-language versions) and then the client-side code translates that label into a name (in your preferred language) before showing it on the screen.

"Mindless" and "Vindicate" don't appear anywhere in the English client side code - so there's no way those names can make it onto your screen.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
Thrugg,Aug 4 2004, 05:37 PM Wrote:This limits somewhat what Blizzard can change between patches.
afaik, Blizzard is also rather limited on design/implementation expertise for the D2 code at this point, having apparently lost a large percentage of their core developers (and those remaining are probably working on priority projects).

It would not surprise me at all, therefore, if the runewords activated are indeed from the v1.07 design work, with merely the order of the runes (in a given recipe) reversed or scrambled.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
It wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard picked up a couple geniuses in programming codes....there are too many talented people out there that can easily break a game as old as this one. Odds are that the new runewords aren't activated yet, this would not be the first time this has happened.