WoW Open Beta
Quote:We are happy to announce that we will soon be accepting applicants for the World of Warcraft® Open Beta Test for North America. The open phase of beta will give people a chance to enter Azeroth and play World of Warcraft before the game is released. More details will become available over the next few days, so stay tuned.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/
DeeBye,Oct 8 2004, 02:48 AM Wrote:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/
[right][snapback]57291[/snapback][/right]

I really hope they don't release the game too soon. Maybe right before Christmas would be enough time. There is just so much content that needs to be finished (the whole PVP part anyone? Hero classes, talents, high level spells, etc). And from the experience with the job of their QA on previous patches, I am scared to trust them to be the ones who balance/debug the game before release, and bring in various updates.
From their recent Q&A and the number of responses that mentioned that they're looking into that for "after release" tells me that it's being released soon -- like the mid-November dates people have been talking about might be right.

lemekim,Oct 7 2004, 09:13 PM Wrote:There is just so much content that needs to be finished (the whole PVP part anyone? Hero classes, talents, high level spells, etc).

I understand that Hero classes are concidered an "after release" thing. And, maybe because I'm only periferally into PvP, as far as I'm concerned the big PvP stuff can wait. But the talents, high level spells, and just polish on classes needs to happen before release. There's nothing that upsets people more than spending a long time building up a character and getting attached to it and then suddenly getting hit by a nerf stick afterwards.

Quote:And from the experience with the job of their QA on previous patches, I am scared to trust them to be the ones who balance/debug the game before release, and bring in various updates.

One Blizzard employee poster mentioned something about keeping a test server up to test things like new instances, but I haven't heard any details about it. Hopefully, something like that will happen. *Crossed fingers*.