D2Accelerator questions
Hello lurkers, got a few questions, mainly for Foxbat, but anyone who is willing to take a stab at them, have at it.

I am considering using D2Accelerator, because I am on a dial-up connection and it would be nice to improve the performance, even slightly. When trying to access the Info and Readme on the Seven Lances website, i get an error... "Sorry, you can not access this file directly." :blink: I have tried several different methods of opening the Readme, and all give me this message. If there is another *safe* site where the D2A is hosted, I would like to read about what it does, how it works, and where I can download it. If anyone can provide me with this info, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks again! :D

*mobsta*
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
Try this link.

The version linked from the webpage is outdated, and we are having issues with the site in general that are (hopefully) being resolved eventually.

One word of warning. This mod at best reduces graphical slowdown, IE gameplay becoming extremely jerky, frames being dropped, generally "graphical lag." It does little to nothing to alleviate desynch issues and network lag.

Also, if you have a half-decent video card, this might help you out more.
What is it exactly that D2A does? :blink: Reduce some animations / sprites from the game graphics? I guess I am unclear on how it works, and whether or not it will improve my performance. I am running a low end graphics card (4mb i believe) so the 3d to d3d wrap is out of the question, i run in 2d mode. Just curious.
Thanks.

-mobsta-
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
hi lounge,
im looking for a D2A version working on LoD v1.11. does this even exist (i read FoxBat is out of the D2 buisness)?
i tried the glide3-wrapper but all the fire makes my system slow down to less than 1fps in worst cases :angry:
(cant load any of the sevenlances-links given on that toppic)
thanks