Diablo Alpha Link?
I was looking at links across this board, and they point to files relating to the Diablo alpha. Just wondering if anyone has any valid links to the diablo beta/alpha?
Massive info here. Not exactly downloads though.
I Found this link: ftp://angrenost.org/games/diablo/diablopr.zip but the site requires a password...does anyone know it?
You could always just do a web search.
MikethemizJR,Oct 31 2004, 09:00 PM Wrote:You could always just do a web search.
[right][snapback]58728[/snapback][/right]

Why would I be asking if I hadn't tried that :). All the links point to that FTP site, but it says it requires a username and password.
FoxBat,Oct 30 2004, 02:26 PM Wrote:Massive info here.  Not exactly downloads though.
[right][snapback]58680[/snapback][/right]

Thats pretty neat what they're doing with the Alpha and Beta, but I doubt they will get much from them, as it seems most of the best stuff was already put in Diablo Retail.

I'm almost positive I saw link to the Alpha in that topic, but it might of just been to the Alpha's .exe file only. I don't recall and am too tired to check right now.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
It was only the EXE. Does anyone have a link to the 60mb MPQ from the alpha?
The angrenost link seems to be down. That was the last link I knew that had the pre-release demo available.
Pre-release demo! Keep that in mind, folks! This is no alpha version!

Whatever. The angrenost link was the EXE version I believe.
I don't know if the MPQ version was ever available on the net. I think it was released on magazine CDs only.

But why does everyone need/want the MPQ version?
Read the topic in TheDark Forum. If you download the pr-demo listfile by trimayne and me you can extract all the files from the EXE version (which simply is a big MPQ file) and use the cracked EXE I supplied somewhere in the forum to enter deeper dungeon levels.

If you've got the beta, too you can enable the rogue and the catacombs. I haven't made any progress on some of the bugs I described in TheDark Forums or enabled further dungeon levels and/or monsters...mostly due to a lack of time.
Mystery,Nov 3 2004, 05:23 PM Wrote:The angrenost link seems to be down. That was the last link I knew that had the pre-release demo available.
Pre-release demo! Keep that in mind, folks! This is no alpha version!

Whatever. The angrenost link was the EXE version I believe.
I don't know if the MPQ version was ever available on the net. I think it was released on magazine CDs only.

But why does everyone need/want the MPQ version?
Read the topic in TheDark Forum. If you download the pr-demo listfile by trimayne and me you can extract all the files from the EXE version (which simply is a big MPQ file) and use the cracked EXE I supplied somewhere in the forum to enter deeper dungeon levels.

If you've got the beta, too you can enable the rogue and the catacombs. I haven't made any progress on some of the bugs I described in TheDark Forums or enabled further dungeon levels and/or monsters...mostly due to a lack of time.
[right][snapback]59056[/snapback][/right]

All I have is the reatil MPQ and I read that you can not use the EXE's(which I have including the cracked one) with the retail. Every time I do, it loads the SMK, and says the CGW crap, and the main menu is blank.

Do you have a link to the EXE version?
crozzbreed23,Nov 4 2004, 12:30 AM Wrote:All I have is the reatil MPQ and I read that you can not use the EXE's(which I have including the cracked one) with the retail.  Every time I do, it loads the SMK, and says the CGW crap, and the main menu is blank.

Do you have a link to the EXE version?
[right][snapback]59134[/snapback][/right]
I don't have any working link to the pre-release demo anymore. The angrenost FTP was the last I knew.
The pr-exe doesn't work with the retail mpq, because of different filenames and directories.

I would upload the MPQ or EXE version of the pr-demo, but my webspace's traffic is limited. But maybe someone without traffic limitations could upload the demo? For this purpose I could upload the demo on my webspace.
Mystery,Nov 5 2004, 08:43 AM Wrote:I don't have any working link to the pre-release demo anymore. The angrenost FTP was the last I knew.
The pr-exe doesn't work with the retail mpq, because of different filenames and directories.

I would upload the MPQ or EXE version of the pr-demo, but my webspace's traffic is limited. But maybe someone without traffic limitations could upload the demo? For this purpose I could upload the demo on my webspace.
[right][snapback]59324[/snapback][/right]

I could host it temperally. I host my own websites for my clients(T1 upload), I can host it for awhile till we can find a more permanit solution.
Mystery,Nov 3 2004, 01:23 PM Wrote:I don't know if the MPQ version was ever available on the net. I think it was released on magazine CDs only.
[right][snapback]59056[/snapback][/right]

I might be able to dig up a copy of this. It's kind of a longshot.

If this is the same demo version I'm thinking of, I might be able to obtain an original PC Gamer demo CD. The version I played was definitely the demo released a month or two prior to the official Diablo commercial release.

This all depends on whether my mother-in-law is as big a packrat as I think she is. If she is, I can get ahold of the PC Gamer Diablo demo CD within a week. If she isn't, tough luck.
DeeBye,Nov 6 2004, 04:32 AM Wrote:I might be able to dig up a copy of this. It's kind of a longshot.

If this is the same demo version I'm thinking of, I might be able to obtain an original PC Gamer demo CD.  The version I played was definitely the demo released a month or two prior to the official Diablo commercial release.

This all depends on whether my mother-in-law is as big a packrat as I think she is.  If she is, I can get ahold of the PC Gamer Diablo demo CD within a week.  If she isn't, tough luck.
[right][snapback]59427[/snapback][/right]
Well I have both versions of the pre-release Demo on my harddisk, so that won't be a problem. I was just wondering which version was released where.
Currently I think one was released for download (EXE) and one on Demo CDs (MPQ). Both were released in late 1996...october or november.

Tell me which version I should upload to my webspace...or both. I'll send crozzbreed23 the link so that he can upload them himself and post the link for public.
It's a little complicated, but as I said, my traffic is limited.
Upload both...then I will upload them to my web site.

Sinse most of my traffic though is to my customers, I can't devote it all to this. There will be a maxiumn of 5 concurrent downloads with a 25kb/max download speed. Not the best, but it will do for now.

-Justin
alright, if you're interested in the beta maybe in this stuff also, take your time.

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3
Good information..to bad none of the links work though ; (
The Exe-Version of the Pr-demo is availabe at:
http://diablo.judgehype.com/telechargement...-prerelease.exe