Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr
Zath,

Oh, date Aug 18.

Since I haven't seen a never (or as well made) post on this I think this one deserves updating. I apologize if anything of this is redundant, as you might of learned a lot since (probably more than me).

Quote:My guess is that any monters without a "att1/att2?" check in their "monai.txt" entry can only use their A1 attacks when taunted

That file is only an (uncompleted and then in Blizzard sense most likely inaccurate) explanation of their different AI's.

Quote:The El*Pct field here determines how often an A1/A2 attack's damage (in general, not restricted to missiles) will also carry elemental damage of type El*Type (defaults to physical). The result of that calculation is then multiplied by the El*(MinD/MaxD) fields to find the base minimum and base maximum elemental damage dealt. Once that is done, we look up the actual missile in "missiles.txt" and check its SrcDamage to see if we need to further modify the base minimum and base maximum damage.

I apologize if I missunderstood what you said, but you didn't mention the MonLVL.txt final modification with damage. From my Gloam tests the dm column there modified the elemental damages too (MonStats*MonLVL/1000).

Quote:From what I could see in "missiles.txt" however, all the missiles of relevance had SrcDamage=128 (full damage)

Ah, I was going to correct you, since "SrcDamage only affects how much the weapon damage is added to the missile", but since the weapon damage is most likely counted as the MonStats.txt (elemental) damage this seems to be correct.

This is also the major reason people thought Gloams did physical damage with their missile, since SrcDamage was at 128, but there's more to it than just assuming SrcDamage>0 = physical damage attack, since for example the missile can transform that damage to another type (like Vengeance), or ignore it even (which was the reason the super damage theories were horribly wrong).

Quote:Swarms (it just says "swarm move", most probably a decorative skill)

I'm quite sure this controls the animation of them when moving, as you might of noticed they don't "turn". That goes into "decorative", yeah . . .

[Edit] dm not dmg.
I have to confess that I haven't taken time to read the entire thread, but I'm building a Frenzy Bar right now and I have ignored Taunt. I'm at lvl 55, so I guess there's still time. The Dex requirement on swords is a problem, I suppose, when it comes to the points available for Vit. But I'm using, and loving, a Culwen that I've upgraded to an Ancient Sword which required a lot of Dex, but it also delivers the second best one handed base damage of all but one exceptional sword.

The base for this sword type is:
War Sword
8 to 20 (14 Avg) Str/Dex:71/45
Ama, Asn, B, D, N, P - Fast
S - Normal

Ancient Sword
18 to 43 (30.5 Avg) 25 Str/Dex:127/88
S - Normal

Mythical Sword
40 to 52 (46 Avg) 66 Str/Dex:147/124
S - Normal

If I take the Culwen's to a Myth Sword, the Dex requirement looks prohibitive. I guess I could socket it and use a Hel to reduce the requirements for the sword, which would take it down to 118/99 for the Myth Sword...but does that seem like more trouble than it's worth for this item? I love the +1, IAS & 50% PLR...which imo is more important than poison res. Eventually, the limited damage on this sword may make it obsolete, but for now it's serving me well in NM.

FYI Culwen Stats:
One-Hand Damage: (13-14) To (34-36) (23.5-25 Avg)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 71
Required Dexterity: 45
Durability: 44
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+70-80% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+1 to All skills
Poison Length Reduced By 50%
20% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+60 to Attack Rating
Is reduce DR so that your AR does not have to be as high to get a good "%chance to hit."
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quick question. I have Soul Drainer gloves. The proc'ed Weaken is an instant -33% target's damage.

Will the Weaken overwrite the -damage effect of Taunt, or stack with it?

Is the combination (if they stack) subject to the 90% limit listed?

And does weaken work on Act Bosses and Champs?
Weaken, being an AI influencing function, like many curses, will overwrite taunt, which seems to act as an AI influencing function.

I'd have to look at that with a necro friend. Good question, but I think the answer is: yes, Weaken overwrites Taunt.
In Memory of Pete
1. It all died on my HD when I lost the moboard. Will take some work to find all the notes I had.

2. BIG change since the Beta that I noticed with Gun_Tourettes last night. (He is HC in Act IV at present.)

We discussed the use of Battle Cry and Taunt together, since during the Beta and in 1.09, Battle Cry would not over write Taunt. Last night, while screwing with that is the River of Flame, I noticed that when I BC'd a foe the Taunt animation would go away. What I cant confirm is whether or not the effect of Taunt remains.

If that is the case, this takes the piss out of one of the neato features of Tourette's, that you could stack BC and Taunt.

More later on the adventures of Gun Tourettes.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 17 2004, 09:06 AM Wrote:1.  It all died on my HD when I lost the moboard.  Will take some work to find all the notes I had.

2.  BIG change since the Beta that I noticed with Gun_Tourettes last night.  (He is HC in Act IV at present.)

We discussed the use of Battle Cry and Taunt together, since during the Beta and in 1.09, Battle Cry would not over write Taunt.  Last night, while screwing with that is the River of Flame, I noticed that when I BC'd a foe the Taunt animation would go away.  What I cant confirm is whether or not the effect of Taunt remains.

If that is the case, this takes the piss out of one of the neato features of Tourette's, that you could stack BC and Taunt.

More later on the adventures of Gun Tourettes.

Occhi
[right][snapback]40568[/snapback][/right]

He died due to new ladder season clean up of my accounts, and my observation that Taunt Battle Cry stacking seems to have been fixed by Blizz.

Still a lot of fun, while it lasted, just not the "nyah nyah ya can't hurt me sorta guy" that I had envisioned. Unless someone can test this again, I'd say that Blizz edited that feature in 1.10's final version.

RIP Gun Tourettes

Occhi
In Memory of Pete