The hobos Javazon Guide!
This is my hobo javazon guide. I hope you enjoy it!

SillyPutty’s Javazon Guide

There are many reasons why I have decided to write this here guide, one of them being, I love javazons and I want to share my experience with others, another being that I haven’t found a good javazon guide that actually helps you, not tell you how to build your character and what godly or 1337 equipment to get. This is going to mainly be the poor mans/womans guide, I will tell you what items would be best for the “hobo” javvie. This guide will be optimal for the Ladder season 3. Let’s get started shall we?

First off, you must decide what type of javazon you are wanting to play, a lightning javvie, who uses Lightning Bolt and Lightning Fury, or a poison javvie who uses Poison Javalen and Plague Javalen or maybe even a hybrid of both. First, lets look at the lightning javvie.

The Lighting Javazon

Ahhh, the lightning javvie!! One of my favorite characters from the world of Diablo II. At the beginning we will talk about skills, we will then move onto stat points, and finally, the armoury, what are some of the best choices for this certain build.

1. Skills
You will want to max Lightning Fury (LF) of course as it is one of the best skills, not only for the Javazon but in the entire game as well. Lightning Bolt is quite useless as the synergy it gives to LF is a weeny 1%. You might want to max Penetrate for the Attack Rating(AR) it gives you and Pierce would be a really good choice because your javalins will pierce through your target and has a chance to set off another wave of lightning bolts if you are using LF. The damage LF gives is good for just about any monster except Lightning Immunes(LI). At Skill Level(slvl) 20 the damage is 1-691 per bolt. One alternative is using Charged Strike, I personally didn’t like this alternative and went with Fend, which is a spearie skill but I needed it and I found an Arioc’s Needle which complimented my Fend rather well.

2. Stats
Stat point allocation is another thing I will discuss. I will start with strength. You really only need enough strength to use your equipment. I have 176 base which is a little much but I needed at least 155 to use my Arioc’s Needle. Dexterity is going to be your strong pint unless you play hardcore. My dexterity is 205 at the moment and I still only have a 78% chance to strike a fallen in Act 1 Hell difficulty. 250 Dexterity seems like a good investment give or take a few points. Vitality, vitality is always good, you should balance between Dexterity and this when you level up. Once you get your dexterity to what you want then the rest of your points should go here, especially if you are playing the hardcore route. Energy should be kept at a little over base, you will be needing it early on because of the javvie skills require a portion. I suggest getting it to no more than 50 points.

3. Equipment
The armoury, this is where you will learn to equip your character with the type of items needed. You should really work for +life items. Perhaps some rare or crafted blood rings might tickle your fancy. +skill items are always welcome, of course you can get along nicely without them. +AR items like Iron Rings or such could help before you get Penetrate(that is if you do decide to use it). Rune words are a really good source for certain mods. If you are really in need of life then may I suggest Bloodfist Heavy Gloves. They have good defense so you can use them well through Normal and even into Nightmare like I did. The +40 life bonus really helps and is really noticiable. +resistances items are a must have on your shopping list, in Nightmare and Hell difficulties you will really be hurting for resists because of the automatic -50 in Nightmare and -100 in Hell. A good set of javalins of magic or rare quality are what you need. I would suggest saving your Malus quest until a later time when you can get a set of Amazon specific or maybe some glaives. Anya’s reward for killing that pest Nihlathak is a set of rare Amazon specific javalins might just make your day. I used mine until Act 4 Nightmare when Izual dropped a set of Titans (:o). If you could equip yourself with some items with +magic find that would really help you get some good items.

The Poison Javazon

This is a very interesting and VERY powerful build. On one hand we have Poison Javalin, that leaves a trail of poison behind it, and on ther other we have Plague Javalin, which causes an explosion of poison on contact.

1. Skills
Skills are the same with the exception of Fend and Lightning Fury. Fend isn’t as needed because you won’t be coming across as many Poison Immunes(PI) as you would LI’s. The LF skills is a little obvious because Lightning isn’t needed for a Poison Javazon is it? Poison Javalin, this skill is really good damage wise but it is hard to kill with. Kind of like the sorceress` Firewall, you need to aim right and have the enemy walk through it to be able to make a kill. Plague Javalin is really great for crowd control, it kills a little slow at first but if the damage is high, death can be almost instant. You might wish to save your first six skill points before you can get Poison Javalin so that when you get Plague Javalin you have enough points to put one in Plague and one in Poison when you level up. Maxing Poison Javalin as a synergy is best. Maxing Pierce for this build is also good because Plague Javalin does the same as LF, it has a chance to shoot another cloud.

2.Stats
Stats are the same as the Lightning Javazons. Here they are: Stat point allocation is another thing I will discuss. I will start with strength. You really only need enough strength to use your equipment. Dexterity is going to be your strong pint unless you play hardcore. My dexterity is 205 at the moment and I still only have a 78% chance to strike a fallen in Act 1 Hell difficulty. 250 Dexterity seems like a good investment give or take a few points. Vitality, vitality is always good, you should balance between Dexterity and this when you level up. Once you get your dexterity to what you want then the rest of your points should go here, especially if you are playing the hardcore route. Energy should be kept at a little over base, you will be needing it early on because of the javvie skills require a portion. I suggest getting it to no more than 50 points.

3. Equipment
Like with the stats the equipment selection is basically the same, just so you don’t have to scroll up, here they are. You should really work for +life items. Perhaps some rare or crafted blood rings might tickle your fancy. +skill items are always welcome, of course you can get along nicely without them. +AR items like Iron Rings or such could help before you get Penetrate(that is if you do decide to use it). Rune words are a really good source for certain mods. If you are really in need of life then may I suggest Bloodfist Heavy Gloves. They have good defense so you can use them well through Normal and even into Nightmare like I did. The +40 life bonus really helps and is really noticiable. +resistances items are a must have on your shopping list, in Nightmare and Hell difficulties you will really be hurting for resists because of the automatic -50 in Nightmare and -100 in Hell. A good set of javalins of magic or rare quality are what you need. I would suggest saving your Malus quest until a later time when you can get a set of Amazon specific or maybe some glaives. Anya’s reward for killing that pest Nihlathak is a set of rare Amazon specific javalins might just make your day.

The Hybrid, the Poisonous Light Javvie

The poisonous Light Javvie(the term coined by yours truly) is a hybrid of Plague Javazon and a Lightning Fury Javazon.

1. Skills
The things you will be needing to max are Poison and Plague Javalins, Lightning Fury and Pierce. Both of the main skills of yours, Plague Javalin and Lightning Fury, has a chance to set off another chain or cloud. The rest of your remaining points should go into Penetrate.

2. Stats
Stats are exactly the same as above, just as a refresher, here they are: Stat point allocation is another thing I will discuss. I will start with strength. You really only need enough strength to use your equipment. Dexterity is going to be your strong pint unless you play hardcore. My dexterity is 205 at the moment and I still only have a 78% chance to strike a fallen in Act 1 Hell difficulty. 250 Dexterity seems like a good investment give or take a few points. Vitality, vitality is always good, you should balance between Dexterity and this when you level up. Once you get your dexterity to what you want then the rest of your points should go here, especially if you are playing the hardcore route. Energy should be kept at a little over base, you will be needing it early on because of the javvie skills require a portion. I suggest getting it to no more than 50 points.

3. Equipment
Equipment is the same, but if you are too lazy to scroll up( I know I am ) then here they are again: You should really work for +life items. Perhaps some rare or crafted blood rings might tickle your fancy. +skill items are always welcome, of course you can get along nicely without them. +AR items like Iron Rings or such could help before you get Penetrate(that is if you do decide to use it). Rune words are a really good source for certain mods. If you are really in need of life then may I suggest Bloodfist Heavy Gloves. They have good defense so you can use them well through Normal and even into Nightmare like I did. The +40 life bonus really helps and is really noticiable. +resistances items are a must have on your shopping list, in Nightmare and Hell difficulties you will really be hurting for resists because of the automatic -50 in Nightmare and -100 in Hell.

Well, that just about concludes it! Thanks for such a great game Blizzard! Thanks to everyone at the Amazon Basin and the Lurker Lounge!! Without you guys this couldn’t have happened!!

This guide is everyones but please, please do not alter it! Thanks a bunch, if you wish to e-mail me, my e-mail is kujo2205@yahoo.com Thanks again!
SillyPutty,Dec 21 2004, 10:50 PM Wrote:This is my hobo javazon guide. I hope you enjoy it!
SillyPutty’s Javazon Guide
*snip*
Hi:

Thanks for the effort you put into this rough draft guide. I agree with your premise that a shopping list guide aimed a high end items may be of little help to Single Player folks and to those who don't trade or twink. :whistling:

The Lurker Lounge "About" page provides the guiding principle behind guides here:

Quote:As for hosted strategy, the Lurker Lounge hosts strategy articles by various authors, with a large emphasis on quality and not quantity.

To assist you in your efforts to provide a quality guide . . .

1. Do you assume the build goes to level 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, or 99?

One can typically "win" the game by level 80 - 85, depending on the size of the games you are in or the size of the party you typically play with. Take level 80 for example. You will get 79 level ups for a total of 79 skill points and 12 more from quests by the time you get into Act V, 91 skill points, and 395 stat points (+ 15 from three Lam Essen't Tomb quests) for 410 total.

Using those figures as a "budget" lay out what and why you suggest the skill and stat point assignments, hardcore and soft. That helps the guide reader understand the why as well as the what.

Address how you deal with dual immunes, and triple immunes. They crop up. What's your plan?

2. Make a recommendation for or against Decoy and Valk. Other passive and magic skills are likewise worth a comment. For example, Inner Sight decreases enemy Defense. If you have a few plus skills items equipped, which most of us stumble across during the course of play, a levl 5 Inner Sight reduces defense rating for any enemy by 140. This may temper your suggestion to max Penetrate, which after an initial +35% to AR, yields +10% per point.

In the 1.10 version of the game, any build is most effective by taking advantage of synergies: skill point budgeting is thus an important consideration. Take a look at the DR for Hell Difficulty beasts and compare to putting points into Penetrate, or a few in both, or one and trust +skills on the rest. )

Slow Missile is particularly handy in HC for making spell and missile attacks easier to see and avoid. You mention HC. In your view, how does skill choice differ between HC and regular? What tradeoffs do you have to make?

3. Discuss who or why not on picking a mercenary, and what attributes will help your standard Javazon depending on the build.

These suggestions are made to help you sculpt your guide toward being of greater utility to a player who has never played a Javazon.

I also suggest you investigate

Chippydip's Skill Calcluator

and show a few examples and comparisons of how the Poison and Lightning skills damage foes.

4. Since you mention Hard Core, address how the Javazon deals with patricularly troublesome monsters.

Example: Undead Stygian dolls

What is your approach to surviving their "nuisance bitch rat from Hell on crack" challenge to a Javazon with or with out a Merc? A Decoy? A Valk?

Thanks again.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete