Nihlathak Level
In arreat summit nihlathak is listed with level 92.
Same on monstats.txt

But, yesterday making a drop mod and enabling the constricting ring with a lvl of 95 as the original. Nihla is dropìng it.
Very curious because if he is lvl 92 how was able to drop such ring.

Cr level > Listed Nihla Level

But with these results

Cr level = or < Real Nihla Level

I dont make any other tests but seems like a hardcoded level of nihlathak.

Is this possible ?
Do you ever heard about this ?
d2l,Jan 14 2005, 04:43 PM Wrote:In arreat summit nihlathak is listed with level 92.
Same on monstats.txt

But, yesterday making a drop mod and enabling the constricting ring with a lvl of 95 as the original. Nihla is dropìng it.
Very curious because if he is lvl 92 how was able to drop such ring.

Cr level > Listed Nihla Level

But with these results

Cr level = or < Real Nihla Level

I dont make any other tests but seems like a hardcoded level of nihlathak.

Is this possible ?
Do you ever heard about this ?
[right][snapback]65434[/snapback][/right]

He's really 95. The base monster type is 92, but since Nihlathak is a superunique, he gets +3, for 95 total.
Doh!

I always thought that the listed level in monstats was the real monster level for all superuniques.

So for every superunique is listed level + 3 O_o

Lister is 95 also

and curious baalhighpriest entry type council member are lvl 93

Bartuc is 96 omfg.

Incredible

summarizing in 1.10 we have

Regular monsters Level = Area Level

Champion monster Level = Area Level + 2

Boss monster Level = Area Level + 3

Superunique Level = Lvl Montype + 3

Act Bosses = Lvl fixed in monstats.txt

right ?
d2l,Jan 14 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:Doh!

I always thought&nbsp; that the listed level in monstats was the real monster level for all superuniques.&nbsp;

So for every superunique is listed level + 3&nbsp; O_o

Lister is 95 also

and curious baalhighpriest entry type council member are lvl 93

Bartuc is 96 omfg.

Incredible&nbsp;

summarizing in 1.10 we have

Regular monsters Level = Area Level

Champion monster Level = Area Level + 2

Boss monster Level = Area Level + 3

Superunique Level = Lvl Montype + 3

Act Bosses = Lvl fixed in monstats.txt

right ?
[right][snapback]65457[/snapback][/right]

Actually, not right. Superuniques always get the +3 to their mlvl. However, the base mlvl follows the same rule as other monsters: if the "boss" column for that monster in monstats.txt is set to 1, or if it's in normal difficulty, then the level in monstats.txt is used as a base, and 3 is added to that. This is what happens to Nihlathak. If the "boss" column is blank, and it's in nightmare or hell, then the area level is used and 3 is added to that. That's what happens with all the Baal-summoned superuniques. They're all mlvl 88 (85 + 3).

Also, the putrid defiler type monsters all have a 1 in their "boss" column, so those also use the monstats.txt levels as their base, just like act bosses. Champions would still get +2 and bosses would still get +3.

Also, missing from your list are minions, which also have a +3.
adeyke,Jan 15 2005, 05:32 AM Wrote:Actually, not right.  Superuniques always get the +3 to their mlvl.  However, the base mlvl follows the same rule as other monsters: if the "boss" column for that monster in monstats.txt is set to 1, or if it's in normal difficulty, then the level in monstats.txt is used as a base, and 3 is added to that.  This is what happens to Nihlathak.  If the "boss" column is blank, and it's in nightmare or hell, then the area level is used and 3 is added to that.  That's what happens with all the Baal-summoned superuniques.  They're all mlvl 88 (85 + 3).

Also, the putrid defiler type monsters all have a 1 in their "boss" column, so those also use the monstats.txt levels as their base, just like act bosses.  Champions would still get +2 and bosses would still get +3.

Also, missing from your list are minions, which also have a +3.
[right][snapback]65463[/snapback][/right]

One addition, the "act-end" bosses includes some other special monsters as well that won't get the +3 level. Of hand, I think it would be Radament, Summoner and Griswold, possibly someone else and perhaps not one of them. Basically, all special boss monsters with their own monster type but NO entry in superunique.txt . They would all have the "boss" column set to 1 I suppose, hence why they turn out shown as bosses in the game. Also note that those monsters won't get any of the other super unique mods (like increased HP and such that super uniques get with their level increase).

EDIT:

Also, to make the "list" better and more correct and also to handle differences between difficulties and perhaps patch changes or olde versions for info, I would rather say:

Champion monster Level = Base Monster Level + 2

Boss monster Level = Base Monster Level + 3

Superunique (those listed in superuniques.txt only) Level = Base Monster Level + 3

Minion Level = Base Monster Level + 3 (was +2 I think pre 1.10)

Special Boss Level (mostly act bosses) = Base Monster Level

Base Monster Level = monstats.txt in normal difficulty
Base Monster Level = area level, in levels.txt, in nightmare and hell difficulty except for Base Monsters listed as Bosses (would mostly be the Special Bosses)

There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.