Frame rates and tweaking
vor_lord,Feb 15 2005, 01:57 PM Wrote:I occasionally check AH stuff on my PC here at work, and it is running on onboard video (with no video memory, shared system memory!) and it is playable.  Framerates are better than what you describe for sure.  Your 5200 should be considerably more capable than that.

You should be able to play fine with your card.  I wouldn't give up just yet. Have you installed the very latest video drivers from nvidia?  That can make a big difference.

I'd certainly make sure you at least try that before you go spend some money.

RAM is probably not your problem if you have 512.  256 is not really enough, but 512 should be fine.

Of course, if you can swing the cards Roland suggests, that will make it nicer.  Personally my machine has a 5900XT (the 6600 wasn't out yet, grrr) and it runs perfectly fine with all detail turned up at 1600x1200.
[right][snapback]68127[/snapback][/right]

Ok, I'm at my in-laws. Their machine has a 5200. Roland is right--this card is complete crap. It does perform much worse than my work machine's onboard video. Either that or the machine is riddled with spyware.

I can play with it ok as long as I don't go anywhere near the AH. Then I occasionally have it swap so much I crash out of the game. Other hardware is similar to DarkCrown's.