Scoop! Leaked notes at least partially accurate!
Lissa,Apr 11 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:Once you're had your pet disappear enough time and find how little bad space you have due to the shards, you'll understand why the shards are needless for many of the things Warlocks do.  It is more a frustation situation than of actual need.
[right][snapback]73655[/snapback][/right]

I've only played a Warlock up to level 43, so I guess I've yet to have my pet disappear enough times. I still don't see it as the earth-shaking problem the WoW Warlock forums would make it out to be.
See you in Town,
-Z
Drasca,Apr 12 2005, 12:52 AM Wrote:Time? These problems have existed since beta. They've gone ignored.

And should remain ignored until all the big problems are fixed. Time-in-grade doesn't earn any points here.

Quote:These 'gripes' aren't just that. They're killer on a PvP server.

Then group up or move slower. If, as you claim, you can take 1v3 when not ambushed...make sure you're not ambushed. I don't play on a PvP server, but Mongo claims you can avoid being ambushed by being careful, and I believe him.

Quote:I don't think blizzard will ever take out the debuff limit. It is their way of keeping enemies artificially difficult, and keep bandwidth down. . . Hence, WL's are pushed out of being the debuff class in group PvE.
[right][snapback]73662[/snapback][/right]

It also massively harms mages, though in a less easily perceptible way.

See, the thing about mages is that our damage spells never just do damage. Each either already inflicts a debuff or has the potential to inflict one. Fireball leaves a puny little DoT; Frostbolt inflicts a chill. All fire spells have the possibility of proccing Impact or Ignite and all frost spells chill or freeze (and can proc Frostbite). The result is that more than one mage firing on a target at once can quickly build up these useless debuffs and push useful ones off the target. In raids, this generally limits us to the use of Arcane Missiles, by far the least efficient of our spells and one of our lowest-damage ones, at a time when both damage and efficiency are highly desirable. This holds mage damage down far below potential in both rate and sustainability.
Skandranon,Apr 12 2005, 11:02 AM Wrote:It also massively harms mages, though in a less easily perceptible way.[right][snapback]73700[/snapback][/right]

It harms every class, whether or not Warlocks want to admit that. Yes, Warlocks are the most hit by it, but that doesn't mean others aren't affected. Mages will be worse off after the patch ... Improved Scorch sounds like a great talent now, but that's just another thing to add to the limit. Pyroblast + Fireball means 2 debuffs instead of 1 after the patch. Rogues already can't use Expose Armor for fear that the Warrior is using Sunder Armor. Add in the limit, and they shouldn't be using Rupture or Garrote either. That leaves you with short stuns (and in raids many are immune anyway) which are still part of the limit, or direct damage. Okay, so a Rogue usually is best at direct damage, but now they're forced into it without options. And, of course, Instant Poison is the only usable poison since all the others are debuffs.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!