Question about light radius
I'm aware that lowered light radius causes monsters to be activated at closer distances, and that this can be useful for rogues to kill inactive monsters, or something to that effect.

I also remember hearing, a long time ago, that if you get your light radius down to -80%, you can somehow get within melee striking range without activating the monster.

Is this actually true? If it is, I might be able to do something interesting with my Barbarian character... for the record, I'm playing Hellfire: Fixed.
G-Flex,Apr 10 2005, 11: Wrote:I'm aware that lowered light radius causes monsters to be activated at closer distances, and that this can be useful for rogues to kill inactive monsters, or something to that effect.

I also remember hearing, a long time ago, that if you get your light radius down to -80%, you can somehow get within melee striking range without activating the monster.

Is this actually true? If it is, I might be able to do something interesting with my Barbarian character... for the record, I'm playing Hellfire: Fixed.
[right][snapback]73563[/snapback][/right]

-80% LR Will make it so that you only activate monsters in the "prime" directions, ie:
XAX
AMA
XAX

M = Monster
A = Activation Tiles
X = Non-Activation Tiles

Well, at least if I remember correctly.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Some light radius related questions.

Does anyone know the details of the light radius? That is, what is the radius (and shape of area) of the light at default? Is there any modifications except -X in the catacombs and from items? IS each + or - in light radius directly one tile extra or less radius? How is the shape following this?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.