macs
the friggen comp wont recognize my cd..its brand new..any suggestions? Im runninning a fairly new imac.
You might want to ask the guy on the right:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABAliXGs4oo

Honestly I don't know though - perhaps you could try getting the windows emulator for mac that I have heard about?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:the friggen comp wont recognize my cd..its brand new..any suggestions? Im runninning a fairly new imac.

OS X will recognize the CD if it's not messed up. The problem is either the CD drive or the CD.
--Mav
Quote:the friggen comp wont recognize my cd..its brand new..any suggestions? Im runninning a fairly new imac.
Let me try to be a little more helpful, is it one of the new intel based macs? the game will not run on one of these, as it was designed for the older PPC macs. Your best bet is to try the built in PPC emulation in OSX or perhaps try WINE.
Quote:Let me try to be a little more helpful, is it one of the new intel based macs? the game will not run on one of these, as it was designed for the older PPC macs. Your best bet is to try the built in PPC emulation in OSX or perhaps try WINE.

Yeah, Diablo has to run in Classic. I run old Diablo in Windows under VMWare on my Intel-based Mac.
--Mav