The possibility of Weekend Raids?
Darian,Aug 2 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:So, here's the thangdiddle...

As time goes on, especially when we cycle into opening Molten Core on a Thursday, we're going to need to run on the weekends to make progress.  If Thursday goes well, we could very well be making an attempt to push further into MC over this coming weekend, in fact.

I'll keep you posted. :)
[right][snapback]84874[/snapback][/right]

We could consider some other objectives now as well, like Azuregos (has another part of the hunter epic quest), or Lord Kazzak if they were available. Of course the trouble here is that there is no private instance, so if the opportunity presents itself, we need to scrammble to gather up a large enough group.

Any number of us are getting proficient at various parts of Dire Maul, which only requires 5 persons. Many more people need to 5 man or raid BRS, Scholo, and Stratholme. Maybe we could plan some of these things to happen regularly, rather than just wing it ad-hoc for whoever happens to be on-line at that time.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Aug 4 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:We could consider some other objectives now as well, like Azuregos (has another part of the hunter epic quest), or Lord Kazzak if they were available.  Of course the trouble here is that there is no private instance, so if the opportunity presents itself, we need to scrammble to gather up a large enough group.[right][snapback]85170[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, the big problem here, of course, being that we can't plan Azuregos or Kazzak. :/

Quote:Any number of us are getting proficient at various parts of Dire Maul, which only requires 5 persons.  Many more people need to 5 man or raid BRS, Scholo, and Stratholme.  Maybe we could plan some of these things to happen regularly, rather than just wing it ad-hoc for whoever happens to be on-line at that time.

I think that's a fine idea... I'd just prefer someone else step up to do it. Managing the raid rotation is work enough, and I don't want to be in a position where I'm perceived as running everything... ;)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
kandrathe,Aug 4 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:Any number of us are getting proficient at various parts of Dire Maul, which only requires 5 persons.  Many more people need to 5 man or raid BRS, Scholo, and Stratholme.  Maybe we could plan some of these things to happen regularly, rather than just wing it ad-hoc for whoever happens to be on-line at that time.
[right][snapback]85170[/snapback][/right]

I've actually been doing this on recent weekends, most noticeably with the Eva Questline folks. I'm still committed to helping with this but cannot do it every weekend. One thing is the danger of getting wife aggro, the other is I work one weekend in five like this coming weekend. If we don't go into MC on Saturday in the evening then I will organize some sort of targetted quest progression event.
Starting next week, I will not be able to attend most 8 pm Eastern raids, regardless of what days they are planned for. The absolute earliest I can start for the evenings is 9:30 eastern. There are some flex days where I may be able to attend on Mondays or Thursdays, but the schedule will fluctuate. The work hours are nice and regular (always 11 am to 8 pm central). It's just the days off that flop around and are kinda random.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Aug 4 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:Starting next week, I will not be able to attend most 8 pm Eastern raids, regardless of what days they are planned for.  The absolute earliest I can start for the evenings is 9:30 eastern.  There are some flex days where I may be able to attend on Mondays or Thursdays, but the schedule will fluctuate.  The work hours are nice and regular (always 11 am to 8 pm central).  It's just the days off that flop around and are kinda random.
[right][snapback]85192[/snapback][/right]

But the reason for this is good so its all good. :)
Every Friday but this coming Friday (Aug 4, 2005). For a variety of reasons
several of us will be out of town.

- Kosch (37 sha), Kramm (24 rog) (Horde) -- Terenus
- Gantor (60 mag) Alliance-- Doomhammer

bonemage,Aug 2 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:I hope I'm not too off base by mentioning this, but the horde lurkers on Terenas play every Friday evening (US Mountain timezone, two hours behind the eastern Stormrage realm), which corresponds to Saturday late mornings to early afternoons for you.  We are not raiding Onyxia yet (not close, most of us are in mid 30s, but endgame content is the goal), so it wouldn't fill that need.  Obviously it means rolling and leveling horde alts, but if you're looking for consistent lurker grouping, that's another option that might fit your schedule better.  We'd love to have more lurkers joining us, if your schedule allows for you to play horde alts in addition to your Stormrage main characters.
[right][snapback]84909[/snapback][/right]
Terenus: (Horde)
Kosch -- Shammy lvl 74
Kramm -- Rogue lvl 70
Xentha -- Dark Knight lvl 55

Doomhammer: (Alliance)
Ganalon Mage Lvl 60
Alright I'm going to try and take over on this one some.

Times that look good for those who are in odd timezones
Friday: 6pm or later server time start.
Saturday: 9am or 6pm or later server time start.

People that we can get to go these fairly consistently that I know of.
Yuen
Mishy
Gooze
Strats
Soulstealer
Ruvanal
Gnollguy
Treesh
Tal
beaubird (CA)
Lochnar (evenings only)
Mirajj (same issues as weekday raids)
Onan (CA, at times)
Sabra

That has 14 of us right there. It will take a bit of effort for some of us to do it, but do we want to try and start this Saturday, evening run instead of morning, I think we would need more heads up time for a 9am server run on Saturday for a lot of the US folks. Though I'm up for it even though that is 8am for me and it's 11pm for the Aussies.

Anyway I say we go for it. I would actually like to try Molten Core if we can get the numbers. If we fail at Onyxia tonight we could give that another shot as well (I think we would have too many locks on people if we succeed especially since we get Yuen and, um I forget who else tonight). I realize this may create raid locks for the weekday Molten Core runs for people and I don't want to muck up that. But if we get enough people that do the weekday stuff anyway killing Luci might not be a bad idea. If nothing else lets get in there and get some of these other people the chance to see up to Luci. That won't create a lock for anyone. I'm lucky and can run a different character if one of them gets locked. Some others can as well. I also know that Ruv has Taunshu big enough to go into Onxyia (if Taranna went in at 58 a hunter can as well) so he would have some flex as well.

We can also try to do some more smaller raids but I really want to try and get to some of the big end game stuff for some of these guys if we can and make it some sort of regular deal if we can. If we can get this semi-regular. I do like the idea of potentially starting Molten Core on a Saturday one time then two weeks down the road starting it on a Monday or Thursday. This would allow both the weekend and the weekday crews to see more of it at different times.

Anyway post here and I'll update and track the list. I've listed 3 time sets let me know what will typically work for you and what won't. I'll track it. I'll work with Darian and tal so that raid locks don't get monkeyed up if we do some of high end 40 man raid stuff.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Any of those times should work for me with an advance notice of which it would be. I prefer where possible to try have the character that is to be involved in such an activity already parked either at the entrance area or a good transportation point nearby prior to the time in question and with prepared materials needed already set up. And by prior, I mean the day before or an hour or two ahead of the time indicated. I know it does not always work but having to look at characters logging on at the indicated start time and be on another continent or 15+minutes travel time away does not fill me with joy, nor do I imagine most others either.

As for who is ready for Onyxia, Littledude still needs blood from UBRS. Taunshu is only up to the Abandoned Hope. She still needs most of the BRD quest done to just clear log space as well. Due to work and not being in the best of health, it has not been easy to make many of the times that some have been trying to make runs for any of this. And work is going to be getting a lot worse soon in that I will likely be needing to work many Saturday mornings also.
Ruvanal,Aug 11 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:Taunshu is only up to the Abandoned Hope.  She still needs most of the BRD quest done to just clear log space as well.
[right][snapback]85764[/snapback][/right]

For the love of god, no more hunters! :D

We have enough fighting over loot as it is ::shakes fist at Sayuri for getting Beaststalker's Shoulders::

:shuriken:
I'd be interested in some Friday or Saturday evening 9pm (server time) action.

I would love to add Azuregos, and Lord Kazzak to our possible weekly repertoire. We will really need to tap all our allies to do this.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

:D You just need to realize that your chances of winning them went from 1/6 to 1/5, and you still have at least 5 allies in cajoling the group for LBRS raids.

Think of the awesome raid power of two tanks, 6 priests, 2 paladins and 30 hunters with pets. And, if most of them were engineers with big bombs, dragonling trinkets, jumper cables, and MC helms. :lol: Our AOE would be a swirling mass of furry death.

kandrathe,Aug 11 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote::D  You just need to realize that your chances of winning them went from 1/6 to 1/5, and you still have at least 5 allies in cajoling the group for LBRS raids. 

Think of the awesome raid power of two tanks, 6 priests, 2 paladins and 30 hunters with pets.  And, if most of them were engineers with big bombs, dragonling trinkets, jumper cables, and MC helms.  :lol:  Our AOE would be a swirling mass of furry death.
[right][snapback]85771[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of getting those damn shoulders, I vote we go there after Onyxia tonight :)
Gnollguy,Aug 11 2005, 02:31 PM Wrote:Times that look good for those who are in odd timezones
[right][snapback]85755[/snapback][/right]

Friday or Saturday, 7pm or later is best I can give currently.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Gnollguy,Aug 12 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:Times that look good for those who are in odd timezones
Wow! That pretty much hits the nail on the head on times I will be available.

If there is some raid activity planned for these times, could I possibly be included into the list of people that can come?

I'm sorry if this seems presumptive, but as it is, The Basin doesn't have enough of a East Asia-Pacific contingent for them to seriously consider holding raids at times that are possible for me to attend.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
WildFire,Aug 17 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:Wow! That pretty much hits the nail on the head on times I will be available.

If there is some raid activity planned for these times, could I possibly be included into the list of people that can come?

I'm sorry if this seems presumptive, but as it is, The Basin doesn't have enough of a East Asia-Pacific contingent for them to seriously consider holding raids at times that are possible for me to attend.
[right][snapback]86332[/snapback][/right]

Not presumptive - of course you are welcome to attend. :)
WildFire,Aug 16 2005, 11:37 PM Wrote:Wow! That pretty much hits the nail on the head on times I will be available.

[right][snapback]86332[/snapback][/right]

Tal covered it. You are welcome. As a note it looks like we will be moving to to a 7:30 start time on Saturday.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.