Inferno and Arctic Blast bug fixed or not fixed?
Hey,

2nd post now! woot! :w00t:

Ok: here it goes:

Inferno was REPORTED to do only 1/3 the damage shown for the skill. The same with Arctic blast and the same for that assassin skill. which i forget what that is.

Contiuous damage spells have that. not firewall types, that's fine. but spewing types.

Now to be honest, its hard to figure out how much damage they would do if they were or are fixed in this new patch. Fortunately, a level 5 with no synergies druid with sapphire chips in helm and armour carrying a +6 wand of energy (yes very l33t) was created. He is level 11, on USWest Non-ladder.

he went up against someone who said they have 0 cold res in normal. now this kid might be telling the truth more than not, i know him for a while but he's kinda lame in ways and might have actually had 0 res in normal naked. he only had +life charms on him, no gear.

I shot my junk at him which said:

33-40 damage per second.
Now, if you average that (and to be honest, i have no idea how damage is calculated from this skill, it has a variable, but does it vary every 1/10th of a second or from cast to cast its rate? who knows)

however, at that level its 36.5 damage per second to a monster with 0 cold res. cant really measure a monster so we did it on his guy with 687 max life.

i did it for 4 intervals:
10 seconds
30 seconds
60 seconds
60 seconds
------
reason I did this was to see both how much damage comes off per second, and to see if the rate swung a lot for shorter bursts.

these are the numbers, make sense of them if you will? please? mommy?

10 sec = 31 damage taken
30 sec = 94 damage taken
60 sec = 186 damage taken
60 sec = 184 damage taken

well thats consistent as it could be. i mean i didnt go to the exact second, theres also always the effect of:

What does lag do to steady health tickers like inferno? its not like poison, it must be cast and strike someone, so one end keeps up the damage on another.

Does arctic blast do differently to users as it does PVM?

Is it different in general?

now here are the numbers:
the amount on average of what it should have done to a Monster with 0 res is as follows:
2190 in a minute (very nice if you consider it is only level 5 and you could easily add 2 poison charms, and open wounds or pmheal)
In pvp, according to common lore: 1/6th the damage is dealt in pvp for elements and all person to person attacks, barring minions and poison for this example.
so that means:
To my friend reaper guy, he SHOULD have taken:
365 damage on average
he took 185 damage about.

Now that number is odd, I know. Know why? its half the amount that, according to 1.10 good forum entries of old www.diabloii.net that 1/6th would be 365 and the bugged amount should be 365/3 which is: 122 damage.

now that was always way above that in damage. so it isnt AS broke. im wondering the following now:

was it broke to HALF the number shown and incorrectly to 1/3 as an assumption? doubt that but shrug.

Is it FIXED and yet something else was done for elemental damage? i mean, some sorc's had sick levels of ele damage that wasnt funny. shrugs.

Is it FIXED and BROKE again!?? where it does 1/2 the shown amount and not the full amount but better than 1/3rd ??? lol hahah i duno.

or, does it not work when Synergies are placed on it. didnt have time to level it up to try that out I could though and get back to people.

Peace,
james
B)

Quote:was it broke to HALF the number shown and incorrectly to 1/3 as an assumption? doubt that but shrug.

That. It does 1/2 the listed damage, but it was, at one point, thought to do 1/3 the listed damage instead. Since it still does 1/2 the listed damage, the bug has not been fixed.

Note that this affects Inferno and Arctic Blast, but not Wake of Inferno.
adeyke,Aug 8 2005, 03:48 PM Wrote:That.  It does 1/2 the listed damage, but it was, at one point, thought to do 1/3 the listed damage instead.  Since it still does 1/2 the listed damage, the bug has not been fixed.

Note that this affects Inferno and Arctic Blast, but not Wake of Inferno.
[right][snapback]85511[/snapback][/right]

how crappy.

another screw you from Blizzard.
:angry: