Arcane Mage
Skandranon,Sep 14 2005, 01:36 AM Wrote:The idea of a viable tri-spec has been something that's been kicking around in my head for a while.  But I'm not sure what you intend with these frost points.  Permafrost and Winter's Chill are useful almost solely as enhancements to Improved Blizzard, but this build doesn't include Improved Blizzard.  They don't help frostbolt much even if you had improved frostbolt; with an unimproved frostbolt they are simply minor enhancements to a spell you will end up not using anyway.
This is a solid Arcane build, except for the two points in Meditation which are certainly guaranteed to stop working at some point.
An interesting set of choices.  Combustion, as Bob the Beholder pointed out, loses out frequently to Presence of Mind when you compare the two.  Combustion guarantees you +50% damage and +40% burn damage from ignite: PoM gives you a whole other spell for virtually +100% damage on a cooldown two minutes shorter. Combustion-Blast Wave is fun, but this build doesn't include Blast Wave.
[right][snapback]89162[/snapback][/right]
I made some changes as you and Bob suggested above.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]