Lucky for me... bad for you...
Noticed this in battle grounds the other night... I come out of the base and the first thing I see is 'Scout Artimeties'! o.O Big letters... and... he's halfway across the field... Now, if everyone saw that, he's totally screwed, cause there's no way to dodge all ten of us... lol!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/Das...Star/lookit.jpg
[center][Image: anfertline.gif]
DeviantArt ~*~ SheezyArt ~*~ LiveJournal [/center]
DastardlyStar,Aug 16 2005, 11:19 AM Wrote:Noticed this in battle grounds the other night... I come out of the base and the first thing I see is 'Scout Artimeties'! o.O Big letters... and... he's halfway across the field... Now, if everyone saw that, he's totally screwed, cause there's no way to dodge all ten of us... lol!
[right][snapback]86193[/snapback][/right]

Had this happen to a buddy of mine in BRD. His name took up the entire screen, and it was just "Rothgar" without any scout in front of it. Let me dig up the screening when I get home.

Note: I forget why this happens...
Who knows... I'd like to think it's another way that Blizzard can say "I hate you all!" -.-
It's right up there with all the server lag.
[center][Image: anfertline.gif]
DeviantArt ~*~ SheezyArt ~*~ LiveJournal [/center]
DastardlyStar,Aug 16 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:Who knows... I'd like to think it's another way that Blizzard can say "I hate you all!" -.-
It's right up there with all the server lag.
[right][snapback]86202[/snapback][/right]

I vaguely recall it having something to do with being clicked on/inspected while flying. I also vaguely recall Quark knowning a little more on this issue.
DastardlyStar,Aug 16 2005, 09:19 AM Wrote:Noticed this in battle grounds the other night... I come out of the base and the first thing I see is 'Scout Artimeties'! o.O Big letters... and... he's halfway across the field... Now, if everyone saw that, he's totally screwed, cause there's no way to dodge all ten of us... lol!

I see huge names reasonably frequently. I have some screenshots in Undercity, Desolace, Orgrimmar etc... of people with truly gigantic names. When I've seen it I'm usually the only one who does, I've had a party member with a giant name ad the the other members did not see anything odd.

I have no idea why.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Aug 16 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:I see huge names reasonably frequently.  I have some screenshots in Undercity, Desolace, Orgrimmar etc... of people with truly gigantic names.  When I've seen it I'm usually the only one who does, I've had a party member with a giant name ad the the other members did not see anything odd.

I have no idea why.
[right][snapback]86301[/snapback][/right]

While I do not know what is causing that effect, I had found a way to clear it from my screen. Going into options and set teh game to not display the name tags of characters around you, then go in again and turn that option back on. For me this has usually reset all players back to the same (normal) size name displays. Clearly a client side effect.
Fear the awesome power of Mountaineer Grugelm!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
DastardlyStar,Aug 16 2005, 11:19 AM Wrote:Noticed this in battle grounds the other night... I come out of the base and the first thing I see is 'Scout Artimeties'! o.O Big letters... and... he's halfway across the field... Now, if everyone saw that, he's totally screwed, cause there's no way to dodge all ten of us... lol!

This has happened to me rarely in the past, but I've gotten it three times in the past two days, all in Alterac Basin games.