315 Resist
Some months ago I recall reading a post regarding experimentation with Resistances which suggested 300 Resistance to be the maximum effective Resistance vs. level 60 mobs, 305 Resistance for a level 61 mob, 310 Resistance for 62, and 315 Resistance providing the maximum possible effect against a level 63 mob.

Problem is, I can't seem to find where the heck I ran into this information at. I seemed to recall finding it at EvilEmpire, yet it seems all I find there is detailed statistics regarding Defense. I thought maybe I read it in these forums, yet I'm not seeing the information I recall in thread history.

I have had numerous people ask me about my source of information in regards to my practice of buffing up to my maximum Fire Resist, and then loading up on extra stats by stripping down to 315 again prior to tanking Ragnaros. I'd love to have some supporting evidence to throw around.

Anyone seen this information posted anywhere?
I assume it's based on this page:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basi...ances.html

Particularly this comment:

Quote: The second chance to resist is based on your resistance score and the level of the caster. The higher your resistance score in relation to the level of the attacking caster, the higher your average resistance percentage, up to a maximum of 75%.

Then looking at the tables below the comments it's pretty simple to see that 75% occurs at 5 * level. Given the way most of the rest of the game works on skills and such, indeed such an assumption would make sense.

So I would guess that 315 probably is the max resist level against level 63 opponents.

Who would have thought there would be useful info on Blizzards site, eh? Good news is that it adds credibility when you tell someone.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Thanks Concillian. Embarassingly I skimmed right past that line when I checked there hehe.