where to find merc weapons
Hi

while my act 2 freezer merc is happy to use a treachery armor and a leeching helmet, he is also wearing a insight with about 130 maxdmg.
this is not a good thing, for my javazone is lightning damage only.

thus,I´ve got a simple question:

where do i search if i want to find one of these real strong merc weapons such as stygean pike (not sure about english name, i´am sorry), ethereal for preference?

the char is at the moment at clvl 82 and hasn´t killed hellbaal yet. im doing shenk/eldricht/pindle so far.

oh, and another question:
i heard rumors that, if you socket an eth armor via cubing, the eth bonus applies twice. can anyone verify that (or will this work on weapons, too) ?

thanks in advance
phaedi,Jan 17 2006, 06:35 AM Wrote:Hi

while my act 2 freezer merc is happy to use a treachery armor and a leeching helmet, he is also wearing a insight with about 130 maxdmg.
this is not a good thing, for my javazone is lightning damage only.

where do i search if i want to find one of these real strong merc weapons such as stygean pike (not sure about english name, i´am sorry), ethereal for preference?

the char is at the moment at clvl 82 and hasn´t  killed hellbaal yet. im doing shenk/eldricht/pindle so far.

i heard rumors that, if you socket an eth armor via cubing, the eth bonus applies twice. can anyone verify that (or will this work on weapons, too) ?

thanks in advance
[right][snapback]99507[/snapback][/right]
First of all, you want to put Insight on a polearm. Stygian Pike is a spear class weapon, Insight won't work in it. Don't waste the runes.
For elite Pole Arms, see Arreat Summit Page on Polearms
Insight 4 Socket Polearms/Staves
Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol
Ethereal pole arms with sockets? I'll leave answering that to someone who has that info at their fingertips.

Doubling ethereal defense bonus via using cube?

EDIT for correction: "Using the socket recipe on an ethereal armor causes the ethereal bonus to be applied twice (new to 1.11)" See This Post
Laastly, please click on the link at the bottom of my sig. This is not a chat room.

Best of luck on finding the polearm you seek. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The Durance of hate level 3 has a weapon rack (and an armor one) that always drops non-magical items. Since the area is level 85 (in hell) you can get most (all?) of the weapon types from there with a little patience. Kill Meph while you're at it and he may drop a good weapon foryour merc too.

Check the arreat summit to see how many maximum slots has the weapon that drops. If it has the same maximum of sockets as the runeword, then go to larzuk to socket it. It that is not the case then use the cube recipe that adds a random amount of sockets and hope for the best.
Occhidiangela,Jan 19 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:First of all, you want to put Insight on a polearm.  Stygian Pike is a spear class weapon, Insight won't work in it.  Don't waste the runes. 
For elite Pole Arms, see Arreat Summit Page on Polearms
Insight 4 Socket Polearms/Staves
Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol

Thanks a lot, I probably would have looked it up before using any runes on any weapon, but you saved me from the trouble of trading for any pikes...

Occhidiangela,Jan 19 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:Laastly, please click on the link at the bottom of my sig.  This is not a chat room.

Occhi
[right][snapback]99680[/snapback][/right]

I do not know what you are referring to. I pride myself upon a excessive use of grammar as difficult as my knowledge of the language allows me to use and as correct as I am able to manage and i will never use abreviated sentences exept by the means of style.

O, if you do refer to my usage of small caps all through my writing, i can only point out that, as far as my humble knowlegde can tell me, the word is "signature", not "sig", which could also refer to a weapon, context given.

Please also bear in mind that I am no native speaker.

Phaederkiel
phaedi,Jan 20 2006, 08:31 AM Wrote:O, if you do refer to my usage of small caps all through my writing, i can only point out that, as far as my humble knowlegde can tell me, the word is "signature", not "sig", which could also refer to a weapon, context given.

Please also bear in mind that I am no native speaker.

Phaederkiel
[right][snapback]99726[/snapback][/right]
"Sig" is a slang, however, I nod with agreement on your correction. ;) The standard is the sincere effort to get it right.

Once again, best of luck on finding the item you seek. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete