Mind Control Bug
[Image: MindControlBug.jpg]

I discovered a new Mind Control bug today that doesn't seem to be discussed on the boards, yet. Twice today while battling in Arathi Basin, I mind controled someone who then subsequently died (the second person, pictured above, I definitely killed by tossing them off a cliff -- I'm not sure about the first person). The person ended up being permanently considered by the server as a pet under my control. At first, I was very annoyed at this, because it meant that I couldn't mind control anyone else, and I thought that that was the only consequence of this bug. However, the second time this happened, I ran into the victim, Arcea, pictured above. It turns out that she was made permanently a ghost follower of mine. I would move around and she would follow me as if she were on auto-follow. She wouldn't (or couldn't) fight or anything. She just ran around leashed to me as a ghost. Basically, this bug can permanently take out one member of the opposing team. Obviously, this is a major problem/exploit that needs to be fixed ASAP.
I have been hearing this for about a week in the avarice chat. Apparently the only way to currently break out of this is to log off and then come back. Others that have more direct experience can fill you in better.
Ruvanal,Feb 20 2006, 06:59 AM Wrote:I have been hearing this for about a week in the avarice chat.  Apparently the only way to currently break out of this is to log off and then come back.  Others that have more direct experience can fill you in better.
[right][snapback]102416[/snapback][/right]

Not even -> Log Out is broken too. You have to force quit (Alt-F4 or the mac equivalent) to get out.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!