saving the game in multiplayer
is it possible to save the game in multiplayer mode in hellfire or normal diablo?

i want to be able to save the dungeon levels which have already been completed. Is there a mod/trainer that can do this? :wacko:
fishface,Jan 21 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:is it possible to save the game in multiplayer mode in hellfire or normal diablo?

i want to be able to save the dungeon levels which have already been completed.  Is there a mod/trainer that can do this?  :wacko:
[right][snapback]99803[/snapback][/right]

Mods are not interested in this, and trainers are strongly deprecated here.

That said, no, it's not possible to save normally. That's not how multiplayer is meant to be played. It's not all that hard to do (only about a dozen large data structures that need to be serialized out to a file and read back in later), but it's really not worth the effort.
fishface,Jan 21 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:is it possible to save the game in multiplayer mode in hellfire or normal diablo?

i want to be able to save the dungeon levels which have already been completed.  Is there a mod/trainer that can do this?  :wacko:
[right][snapback]99803[/snapback][/right]

You do realize that all the entries are open right?
You can just enter in the church, the catacombes , the caves or hell through the normal entries (i.e. the cathedral, the graveyard, the cave at Wirts and the chasm behind Pepins house). All that is required is the appropriate character level, which you should have after clearing the levels a first time.
You don't have to play all the previous levels again like you do in single player.

So you basically play level 1 through ' in your first game (getting the experience needed to use the alternate entry) and the graveyard entry is available to you in every game afterwards for this character.

That makes saving somewhat unnecessary don't you think?

If you should die, you can restart in town and try to recover your gear. You can even invite some friends in the game to come and help you recover the stuff ...

Again: no need to save games...
The absolute and irreversible answer:

In single player, you save dungeon level.
In multiplayer, you don't. There are no exceptions.