Ouru Down!
As mentioned on the Lurker Lounge front page (yeah, I'm trying to get it up and running with more content and more active updates), Ouru was taken down today by a variety of guilds. Some example pics and such:

http://www.retributionguild.net/

http://webpages.atlanticbb.net/~voique/ouro.jpg
Wait... so is this pre- or post-hotfix?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 28 2006, 05:50 AM Wrote:Wait... so is this pre- or post-hotfix?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]108466[/snapback][/right]

Post.

Two Alliance guilds on Tichondrius took down C'Thun last night, and these guilds, while active raiders, are not "ZOMG! World First!" calibre guilds. According to Notorious, they were able to take down C'Thun on only their eighth attempt -- a couple evenings worth of attempts. It's really too bad, because I was looking forward to a tough special encounter. I wish Blizzard could have come up with some happy medium between impossible and nerfed to oblivion.

Some of the guys in The Core want to try C'Thun this weekend, but we're behind schedule for that this week, because we gave everyone the weekdays off this week after raiding most of the week last week. We'll probably go after Viscidus on Monday, since we have a good idea of how to kill him now, and then focus our energies on C'Thun next week. A lot of guys are going to grumble after seeing all the hot loot that drops of C'Thun. Already, some people are loudly complaining that we should skip BWL (most of these people not coincidentally already have all their BWL gear), and I'm sure when someone suggests tackling Viscidus, there will be a lot of complaints. But since we already have a short week and still have to learn how to kill all the trash mobs between the Twin Emperors and C'Thun, I just don't think that's realistic.
MongoJerry,Apr 28 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:But since we already have a short week and still have to learn how to kill all the trash mobs between the Twin Emperors and C'Thun, I just don't think that's realistic.
[right][snapback]108477[/snapback][/right]

I thought there were no trash mobs between the intersection where you choose to go to Ouro or C'Thun and C'Thun (C'Thun's path devoid of trash). Did Blizzard change this? (I know there's s'posed to be trash from the Emperor's to that intersection and then on to Ouro, but I had heard there was no trash if you went to C'Thun from that intersection and that it was a long, long trek from the intersection to C'Thun's chamber.)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Apr 28 2006, 10:35 AM Wrote:I thought there were no trash mobs between the intersection where you choose to go to Ouro or C'Thun and C'Thun (C'Thun's path devoid of trash).  Did Blizzard change this?  (I know there's s'posed to be trash from the Emperor's to that intersection and then on to Ouro, but I had heard there was no trash if you went to C'Thun from that intersection and that it was a long, long trek from the intersection to C'Thun's chamber.)
[right][snapback]108479[/snapback][/right]

There are trash mobs between the Twin Emps and that intersection, and these trash mob groups are nasty encounters in themselves. We killed some of it, but wiped repeatedly to some of the later stuff. We made progress on it, though, so I'm confident that we'll figure them out. It's just one more thing we have to learn before taking on C'Thun, and I just don't think we have time to run BWL, clear AQ40 to the Twin Emps, learn how to clear those trash mob groups, and also make serious attempts on C'Thun all in one weekend. I think it's more realistic that we run BWL, clear AQ40 through the Twin Emps, and then spend Monday evening killing Viscidus, whom does not have trash mobs in front of his chamber and whom we have already attempted and have a good idea of how to kill already.

We did manage to do a "Team Bypass" run through the trash mobs between the Twin Emps and that intersection, though. What we did was had people log off in front of the trash mobs, have some hunters aggro a bunch of the groups in that hall way and train them as far back into the instance as possible, and then have the first group of people log in and run as fast as they can toward the intersection. Of course, the hunters couldn't pull all the mob groups, so the first group of players died, but they could soulstone/ankh up and rez people. Then, any warlocks in the group could summon people there. It was good enough to give people a chance to see C'Thun and get their Blessed Quiraji items, but I wouldn't recommend doing this between every wipe on C'Thun.