Question on troll Berserking
Has anyone studied troll berserking? The speed increase ranges from 10% to 30% depending upon player health, but I have been unable to locate anything on this subject. Is it a smooth linear function from 10% at full health down to 30% at 1 hp, or does it go in multiples of 5 with ranges? I am trying to get a good feel as to when to berserk...should I just take the 10% up front each and every time, or should I say hold off to 50% health and see maybe 20%? Any idea of the breakpoints would be appreciated. I saw some kind of berserk meter mod that color codes things, but there was no theorcraft in the mod description.
Creator of the Barbarian variant
Quote:Has anyone studied troll berserking? The speed increase ranges from 10% to 30% depending upon player health, but I have been unable to locate anything on this subject. Is it a smooth linear function from 10% at full health down to 30% at 1 hp, or does it go in multiples of 5 with ranges? I am trying to get a good feel as to when to berserk...should I just take the 10% up front each and every time, or should I say hold off to 50% health and see maybe 20%? Any idea of the breakpoints would be appreciated. I saw some kind of berserk meter mod that color codes things, but there was no theorcraft in the mod description.

This racial is why all trolls should carry demonic and dark runes. You can use them to lower your health even when not taking damage to buff berzerking. I don't have any of the numbers behind how it works exactly so I can't answer your question but just felt like throwing that tip out there. I do know demonic runes health hit is enough to give some speed increase over the 10% base even for L60's with over 4K HP I don't recall exactly how much though. It's really pretty cool for troll hunters who can use it to get mana back and do an extra kick of damage at the end of longer fights. The last I checked the runes will take life off warriors and rogues too even though they can't give you mana back.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:It's really pretty cool for troll hunters who can use it to get mana back and do an extra kick of damage at the end of longer fights.

On the other hand, troll mages with raid gear should probably opt out.

"Your Dark Rune crits you for 4604 Shadow Damage
You die."

Yes, they can crit, and they take your +spelldamage gear into account.
I suppose using something that hurts you is a good idea when you are well out of melee range. I am a warrior. I don't need to stress out the healers any more than I do already.

My question remains unanswered though. How low in life do you need to go to hit 30% flurry, and is it a linear function or a step function with break points.
Creator of the Barbarian variant
Quote:My question remains unanswered though. How low in life do you need to go to hit 30% flurry, and is it a linear function or a step function with break points.

My impression is that it's a step function, but since I don't know the details, I'll stop now.
Quote:On the other hand, troll mages with raid gear should probably opt out.

"Your Dark Rune crits you for 4604 Shadow Damage
You die."

Yes, they can crit, and they take your +spelldamage gear into account.

I knew they could crit. I didn't realize it took your +spell damage into account. Good to know. I don't think it should work that way but good to know. The mana back part can crit too. I've lost 650 life to get 2200 mana back before, which was nice for me.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.