emerald sword of haste?
Wirt is offering this sword (4-8dmg) for me at the moment - is it worth getting? Its quite pricy but I was thinking it might work well for a Bard alongside a kings sword.

Thanks for any advice.
I have always liked emerald swords of haste. I would buy it for sheer novelty value. Yes it would be practical for a bard or even another character that doesn't need the to hit modifier of a king's sword such as a rogue or even a sorcerer against those nasty triple immunes. I can think of more things I would do with it like try it with a warrior and gold rings but i think I may be boring people.
Quote:Wirt is offering this sword (4-8dmg) for me at the moment - is it worth getting? Its quite pricy but I was thinking it might work well for a Bard alongside a kings sword.

Thanks for any advice.

depends if your current sword isnt working out (if your using one) but i normaly go by the rule that if it seems like it could or couldnt be useful, dont get it.
Quote:depends if your current sword isnt working out (if your using one) but i normaly go by the rule that if it seems like it could or couldnt be useful, dont get it.

I'm in full agreement with that. Especially if it's wirt, the rip-off master
Quote:Wirt is offering this sword (4-8dmg) for me at the moment - is it worth getting? Its quite pricy but I was thinking it might work well for a Bard alongside a kings sword.

Thanks for any advice.

Money Shmuney.

I have no idea about how Bards work (never having played hellfire) --- do they not need to hit on their swords, or do they just carry them for decoration, in which case haste would be wasted?

But money in Diablo means nothing (you just end up leaving large piles of it in town as you exit the game), so I would say if you see an item at Wirt that interests you, buy it.

p.s. This is multiplayer I'm talking about. If it's single player, that may be a different calculation.
w00t my old account still works!

Bards can dual wield. They have pretty good dexterity too (120 max I believe). Just one King's sword is probably enough to get good to-hit. It was a while since I played last, but I recall after getting a Haste sword, I couldn't play her without it. It just felt too slow. Try to get a Civerbs Cudgel (triple damage against demons yay!). Bard with Haste and CC FTW. Haste/Vampires is a nice combo too.