Hellfire multiplayer and Hamachi
A friend and I have been trying to set up Hellfire multiplayer over Hamachi IPX networking, but to no avail.
We may see eachother's games, however we cannot join them, recieving an "Unable to join game insertnamehere" error.

We've followed the steps in Splatz's guide to setting it up, but so far it's been a no go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

What is your Diablo & Hellfire Version number...on Kali they had to match or you checked a box to allow for Different or Unknown versions :D

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Diablo: 1.09
Hellfire: 1.01
Just for reference, the Diablo version is irrelevant. I think what King Jim was trying to ask was - do you both have the same version (1.01) of Hellfire?
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Just for reference, the Diablo version is irrelevant. I think what King Jim was trying to ask was - do you both have the same version (1.01) of Hellfire?
Oh, yes, we do. Same version of Hellfire, Hamachi, even the same command.txts and hellfrui.dlls.
This might be a silly question, but did you check to see if games with plain Diablo work or have the same problem? I've played Hellfire over Hamachi before and didn't have this problem, but recall having it once with vanilla Diablo, so I'd suspect it's not Hellfire but perhaps your IPX configuration. If Diablo has the same issue then you know it's not Hellfire. Hooray for the process of elimination.

If you find Diablo has the same problem, I'd double-check IPX configuration. Make sure the "Network number" property of the NWLink IPX/SPX etc. protocol is unique to each connection on both machines, i.e. Local Area Network is 00000001, Hamachi is 00000002.

I didn't read the guide you mention but I assume it said you should change the Frame type from Auto-detect to either Ethernet 802.2 or Ethernet 802.3, I'd try connecting once with both of them - 802.2 works for some games, but not others where 802.3 does. I think 802.2 worked for me for Diablo.

Hope that helps even if it's a bit late.