pre-release demo

uhm, this question is quite odd... is there a way to take screenshots from the Diablo pre-release demo? I'm interested in the last screens before you quit the demo, those with that cool diablo pic and info about the features of the final product.
Pressing Print Screen and pasting it into Paint doesn't work because all you get is a black picture with some yellow pixels. the program itself doesn't create screenshots, unlike the final product.
Quote:uhm, this question is quite odd... is there a way to take screenshots from the Diablo pre-release demo?
There is. Press F9 or download this beautiful program: SimpleScreenshot
Quote:There is. Press F9 or download this beautiful program: SimpleScreenshot

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work with the demo. it works well with other windows/programs, but it takes no screenshots from the demo-_-btw why did you say I should press f9? It does nothing. maybe it's because I've got win98.
Have you tried FRAPS?
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Have you tried FRAPS?

it doesn't work with win98-_-I'm so unlucky!!
Quote:I'm sorry, but it doesn't work with the demo. it works well with other windows/programs, but it takes no screenshots from the demo-_-btw why did you say I should press f9? It does nothing. maybe it's because I've got win98.
Well, I guess you had wrong expectations about the two methods. -.-
They work fine, even in Win98, but the screenshots are stored "silently", you don't have to confirm the saving manually every time. That means, SimpleScreenshot stores the Screenshots in its own folder. And if you want to use the ingame-method of taking screenshots, in the Pre-Release-Demo it's not PRINT, but F9 which makes the screenshots. Again, they are stored as PCX in the directory which contains the Demo. You should have a look..

(Edit): Okay, I tried out something.. there are two versions of the Pre-Release-Demo, and I guess you use the one I don't use. If F9 doesn't store the screenshots in the Demo-folder, it stores them in your Windows temporary folder. Just perform a quick search, and you will find them.
Quote:(Edit): Okay, I tried out something.. there are two versions of the Pre-Release-Demo, and I guess you use the one I don't use. If F9 doesn't store the screenshots in the Demo-folder, it stores them in your Windows temporary folder. Just perform a quick search, and you will find them.

I guess this demo hates me... I can't find the screenshots... I even looked in that temporary folder where the game stores the character info when you save the game. maybe I should download another demo...

btw do the demos you know show that diablo pic I was talking about?? its diablo on a black background, fire around him and some info abou the game on the left. it's like this http://www.gamespot.com/features/tenspot_v...ns/diablout.jpg but bigger and better

Quote:I guess this demo hates me... I can't find the screenshots... I even looked in that temporary folder where the game stores the character info when you save the game. maybe I should download another demo...

btw do the demos you know show that diablo pic I was talking about?? its diablo on a black background, fire around him and some info abou the game on the left. it's like this http://www.gamespot.com/features/tenspot_v...ns/diablout.jpg but bigger and better
Ok, seems like F9 does not work in the credits. SimpleScreenshot works nevertheless, here is the picture::P
Diablo
Hey I have been trying to find the pre-release demo for some time and have been very unsucessful. Does anyone know where I can still find it before it disapears?

Thanks alot,
Dradkin
Quote:Hey I have been trying to find the pre-release demo for some time and have been very unsucessful. Does anyone know where I can still find it before it disapears?

Thanks alot,
Dradkin
Hi,
you can chose: Link1 or Link2. ;)
The first one has the advantage that you can remove the demo restriction.
Quote:Hi,
you can chose: Link1 or Link2. ;)
The first one has the advantage that you can remove the demo restriction.

Actually, I would choose Link3. Its already upgraded, so you can lure all Church - if youre lucky enough. Its unpacked so you have direct access to all folders/files, what can be very handy.....
now now... where can i set the avatar on this darn forum board. must be something wrong with this hotel's PC!
knock, knock... house keeping :p

Beach California Coast Hotel Long Store
Quote:Ok, seems like F9 does not work in the credits. SimpleScreenshot works nevertheless, here is the picture::P
Diablo

thank you so much!!!
I've checked: f9 actually works, but not with the credits. I'll try again simplescreenshot, I'm so curious to know why didn't work with me o_O

however, thank you all again!!

Quote:now now... where can i set the avatar on this darn forum board. must be something wrong with this hotel's PC!

my controls (just under the board title) -> Edit Avatar Settings (from the menu on the left)

Quote:Actually, I would choose Link3. Its already upgraded, so you can lure all Church - if youre lucky enough. Its unpacked so you have direct access to all folders/files, what can be very handy.....

uhm... interesting^_^