Holy Freeze and Attack speed
lets say I am dueling a smiter with a grief phase blade ( 40% IAS ) and a level 25 Fanaticism ( +37% IAS ). Lets also say the smiter has +40% IAS from his gear.

His smite should be at 6 frames.
His normal attack should be at 8 frames.

Now lets say I turn on my level 12 holy freeze ( enemies slowed by 50% ).

How many frames will the enemy smiter swing at with a normal attack and with smite.

Anyone know the formula to figure this out?
Quote:lets say I am dueling a smiter with a grief phase blade ( 40% IAS ) and a level 25 Fanaticism ( +37% IAS ). Lets also say the smiter has +40% IAS from his gear.

His smite should be at 6 frames.
His normal attack should be at 8 frames.

Now lets say I turn on my level 12 holy freeze ( enemies slowed by 50% ).

How many frames will the enemy smiter swing at with a normal attack and with smite.

Anyone know the formula to figure this out?

If you do not have fanaticism currently active, the effects from IAS are gone immediately I believe. Before in previous patches, you could do "aura flashing" because auras lasted for four seconds once you switched, but now auras last only last two seconds making aura flashing nearly impossible. My point is that you cannot be dueling with both auras on so assuming you are only using Holy Freeze and not Fanaticism, then your IAS is unaffected by Fanaticism, and Holy Freeze does not affect IAS. Here is a weapon speed calculator for you.

EDIT: Misread what you said. You are saying if he was slowed, what would his IAS be. Humm, let me check.

Everything I just read leads me to believe the PvP cap to slow enemies is 50%. Another link from the LL. So what this says to me is that you can assume if your targets IAS will increase 100%, thus if he was attacking at 6 FPS, he will now be at 12 FPS.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:EDIT: Misread what you said. You are saying if he was slowed, what would his IAS be. Humm, let me check.

Everything I just read leads me to believe the PvP cap to slow enemies is 50%. Another link from the LL. So what this says to me is that you can assume if your targets IAS will increase 100%, thus if he was attacking at 6 FPS, he will now be at 12 FPS.

Well I don't know for sure but from what I've seen, holy freeze or any kind of slow negates some of the IAS. It definitely doesn't double your opponents attack time from what I've seen.

From observation of holy freeze in duels I am assuming it works something like this:

--If my target had 100% effective IAS ( 6 frame smite ), I would take off 50 of it and he would be left with 50% effective IAS ( like a 9 frame smite I am guessing, sorry can't check this the weapon speed calculator its down right now ).

If anyone knows how it works for sure I'd appreciate the info.