Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:Hi,
Nope. Not 'innocents', 'enemies'. Their status was determined at Pearl Harbor, and confirmed by FDR and congress. If you want to discuss the utility (or maybe 'futility' is a better word) of bombing non-military, non-strategic sites, then this might go somewhere.
Sure. An unfortunate word choice on my part. Civilian non-combatants.
Quote:Again, BS. First show that they are indeed 'taliban and terrorists' and not just random goatherds. Once you've done that, then and only then hold them. It's not the holding, it's the grabbing without need of proof that pisses off those of us who think the USA should stand for something. I just ask that you show that the individual is indeed the enemy before you treat him like one. Not some random bystander, not just someone with a name that kinda sounds like that of an enemy.
Yes, mistakes are made and I'm sure we don't want to waste time and money transporting bystanders and goat herders to Gitmo to discover we made a huge mistake. We have made some mistakes, and we released many if not all the goat herders now. I think part of the issue is that if you grab person XYZ with intel value you want to not let the terrorist network know you have XYZ so you can use the intel before the network scrubs it. The rights for the suspected terrorist or enemy seem to be secondary to defending national security. That is where I understand people have issues. Should any persons civil rights take precedence to national security, and does the President have the right to declare a citizen or alien an enemy of the state? I guess what I'm getting at is that our selection process now is much better than 60 years ago, when a large portion of the Italian, German, and Japanese population (Citizen or not) in the US were treated worse than this group with less cause.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Then remind me again, why do you even post in these threads, since it seems that you only do so to point out just how stupid the rest of us are.

Sure. This would be a valid point if you were at the top (or close to it) of the intellectual food chain here.

Luckily, that is not the case.... although you are not alone on your level.

-A
Quote:Sure. This would be a valid point if you were at the top (or close to it) of the intellectual food chain here.

-A
If he kills all three "ancients" will he go up a level? :lol:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Sure. This would be a valid point if you were at the top (or close to it) of the intellectual food chain here.

-A

I think this is Ashock's way of asking if you would like to duo some quests.

i'm not sure if you have completed it, but i believe he still needs [47] In Search of Knowledge. Obtained from Troyas Moonbreeze in Feralas.

Edit: I also recommend moving to Sweden, where anything involving Warcraft obviously recieves double xp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-TZk4gPKM
Quote:If he kills all three "ancients" will he go up a level? :lol:

Occhi

Does not matter. What's needed here is the old reward of around 4-5 levels from killing the Ancients.

-A
Quote:Edit: I also recommend moving to Sweden, where anything involving Warcraft obviously recieves double xp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-TZk4gPKM

Thanks. When I'm contemplating suicide or a sex change, I'll consider it.

-A

Ah, but of course. My position here clearly has heaps to do with why you do nothing in these threads but call various people stupid.

Don't you have some transvestites to beat?
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote:Ah, but of course. My position here clearly has heaps to do with why you do nothing in these threads but call various people stupid.

Can I watch? I like to watch.

Occhi

Five points for the reference
In Memory of Pete
Ashock,

You're out of line, particularly with this comment. While you are welcome to share your point of view on the subject, you need to keep your opinions on the individual posters to yourself.

Thanks.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:You're out of line, particularly with this comment. While you are welcome to share your point of view on the subject, you need to keep your opinions on the individual posters to yourself.
Seconded. This thread is going nowhere and may be locked soon. Cut it out.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Seconded. This thread is going nowhere and may be locked soon. Cut it out.

-Bolty
Why give up the easy five points for the ref to my witty comeback? Since you have not played for two hours, it's the full 5 points. :whistling:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Ashock,

You're out of line, particularly with this comment. While you are welcome to share your point of view on the subject, you need to keep your opinions on the individual posters to yourself.

Thanks.

Err, which one? :shuriken:

-A
Quote:Can I watch? I like to watch.

Occhi

Five points for the reference

This is from an 80's movie with Mellanie Griffith (pre-witch version) called Body Double. It was good. And yes, I like to use that phrase also ;)

-A
Quote:Ah, but of course. My position here clearly has heaps to do with why you do nothing in these threads but call various people stupid.

Only if they are loud, obnoxious idiots. Ohh, you still upset about my response to the person formerly known as VT ("Cut it out" - thanks for reminding me, Bolty) on the DSF Community forums? That's sweet.

-A
Quote:Only if they are loud, obnoxious idiots. Ohh, you still upset about my response to the person formerly known as VT ("Cut it out" - thanks for reminding me, Bolty) on the DSF Community forums? That's sweet.

-A
Horse dead? Check. Fight over? Almost. Thread locked? Almost. Let's just walk away with our intellectual workout completed, sweaty and keep some of our dignity, or at least what dignity you can whilst beating a dead horse with a nerf bat.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Only if they are loud, obnoxious idiots. Ohh, you still upset about my response to the person formerly known as VT ("Cut it out" - thanks for reminding me, Bolty) on the DSF Community forums? That's sweet.

-A

Clearly you missed the point that Bolty and I were trying to make, so I'm locking this thread.

While I typically don't use threaded view unless I have to, you can always switch to threaded view if you're not sure what post somebody is replying to.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete