New enchants not stacking correctly
The new enchants and bonuses on TBC items are a bit buggy. Basically, a bunch of them don't seem to actually work, and you can't trust your character sheet. Wait, the phrase "the lying character sheet" seems oddly familiar...

Some choice quotes:

Quote:The best description of this bug that I've heard is that new mana/5 enchants (shoulders bracers helm chest) tend to overwrite mana/5 that exists on your gear instead of stacking with it, or the highest is taken instead of both, they definitely don't all play well together. I've avoided all the mana/5 enchants for now, because they definitely aren't working correctly.

Blizzard is semi-aware of this, but even they aren't sure of the full extent of the problem. Just a heads up. This applies to more than just mana regen; supposedly all kinds of bonuses aren't stacking properly.

Other indications are that you ARE getting the bonuses, but your character sheet isn't processing them correctly and is lying to you. Mods that track your true stats, such as mana regen mods that gather data as you play, can tell you the truth.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I *knew* Cleoboltra's mana regen didn't seem right.

Confirmed stacking bug. To quote:

Quote:...if you have more than one bonus which is identical, they do not stack.

The Primal Mooncloth Robe, Belt and Shoulders each have a mana regeneration benefit, 9, 7 and 6 mana per 5 seconds respectively; if you have the same benefit on another item, these may not stack at the moment.

It is of course not intended that the bonuses don't stack; it is considered a bug, and our development team are working on correcting it for a future patch. Your multiple bonuses are not wasted, they are just not working at the moment.

In other words, if you have more than one item with 6 mp/5 on it, you're only getting the benefit from one - 6 mp/5 total.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Strange. That will definitely make a difference for a lot of people, I bet. I wonder if that would also apply to enchants and consumables, as well.
-TheDragoon