Firewall Ports for WoW?
The most recent information I have found on battle.net is that WoW requires the following TCP and UDP ports be opened:

However just for a test I closed these ports on my router and the game continued to run fine (I did not test downloading updates).  Is the above port information outdated, or am I missing something?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
By default firewalls allow connections that they initiated to receive responses, even if the port it uses is not "open". 80 and 443 are standard HTTP/HTTPS, which would be the initial data load on opening battle.net just like loading a standard webpage. Any ports where this is not the case, as battle.net and games will use different ports for different purposes, gets handled under Universal Plug and Play to not require manual port forwarding.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(06-24-2023, 02:09 AM)Quark Wrote: By default firewalls allow connections that they initiated to receive responses, even if the port it uses is not "open". 80 and 443 are standard HTTP/HTTPS, which would be the initial data load on opening battle.net just like loading a standard webpage. Any ports where this is not the case, as battle.net and games will use different ports for different purposes, gets handled under Universal Plug and Play to not require manual port forwarding.

Thanks.  I haven't finished experimenting, but it seems that even without the allow rule WoW and battle.net run just fine.
I probably have something badly misconfigured.  As far as I know, my new router, a QNAP Qhora 322, does not support UPnP.