No more Discoveries
Quote:Speaking of discoveries, that's news to me.

You must be thinking of someone else. Jesana has exactly zero discoveries.

-Jester
I was thinking of Wimpy, sorry, I'll blame it on the meds, Wheeeeeee!

~Frag :blink:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:First, I'm pretty sure they aren't under any sort of burden to prove "beyond any reasonable doubt" since they own everything about the server-side stored character information. Second, I seriously doubt there'd be much backlash for punishing exploiters. Every time they have punished people for that sort of thing the vast majority of players responded positively to the action and told them to keep up the good work. I highly doubt that they'd lose many people beyond perhaps the people who did the deeds and they might very well retain quite a few. :)
When blizzard bans people for the wrong reasons bad PR follows. When conquest recieved suspensions way back in the day the overwhelming response was not positive, infact if anything it was an uproar over the fact that blizzard had taken such extreme action without any communication to the players themselves. It is very much a double edged sword. Perhaps blizzard does not make public the existence of any current exploit even if just to tell players not to do it because this can lead to an increase in the number of exploiters. However if the players do not feel blizzard is lurking in the shadows with a banstick ready they may feel free to exploit without much consequence, and more people may do it for that reason.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter