Data on galncing mechanic change
Our Kara raid Tuesday (for the whole raid combined, for physical damage this is 3 warriors 1 of which is tanking + druid + hunter):

Moroes:
40% - Normal hits
18% - Crits
12% - Glancing (Glancing average value 70% of normal hit average value)
Remainder miss / dodge / parry

BBW:
45% - Normal hits
15% - Crits
15% - Glancing (Glancing average value 39% of normal hit average value)
Remainder miss / dodge / parry

Curator:
48% - Normal hits
14% - Crits
13% - Glancing (Averages are all messed up here due to evocate)

We lost a warrior who had to leave a subbed in a mage for Maiden. Also I got holy fired at an inopportune time and was dead for at least 1/2 the kill.

Maiden of Virtue:
51% - Normal hits
13% - Crits
12% - Glancing (Glancing average value 50% of normal hit average value)

So glancings appear to happen 12-15% of the time (15% makes sense... +5% per level). They hit for around 50-60% of a normal hit or so on average, but have a pretty wide range. I assume they have the same fomula as before for determining actual damage done.

Previously glancings were ~40% ish range on raid bosses. This appears to be quite a significant reduction.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:So glancings appear to happen 12-15% of the time (15% makes sense... +5% per level). They hit for around 50-60% of a normal hit or so on average, but have a pretty wide range. I assume they have the same fomula as before for determining actual damage done.

Previously glancings were ~40% ish range on raid bosses. This appears to be quite a significant reduction.

Your numbers are in another universe from the preliminary I've seen posted on EJ. The best estimations (still not enough parsed) was ~25% reduction, 25% glancing blows for +3.

What are you using to list % of hits? If it's across all hits, there's a statistical error (70% Moroes, 75% BBW, 75% Curator, 76% Maiden instead of 100%). If it's across all attacks, well, I've never heard of a boss that has 25%-30% avoidance.

As a final note, bad idea to mix the tank with the DPS. The tank is in front and is subject to parries. Everyone else should be behind and not.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:What are you using to list % of hits? If it's across all hits, there's a statistical error (70% Moroes, 75% BBW, 75% Curator, 76% Maiden instead of 100%). If it's across all attacks, well, I've never heard of a boss that has 25%-30% avoidance.

Well the composition is changing some on these bosses too. BBW the druid had a lot more hits and in DPS gear, not subject to DW penalty. Curator had one of the DW warriors not on him most of the evocate because he was on the last flare, Maiden lost both DW warriors, 1 to attrition, 1 due to early death. The trends seem to follow expectation as the number of DW hits subject to miss penalty change. There is some expected variation here. Being a tabular system, this shouldn't matter, nor should tank data having extra parries and such. Glancings are still going to be a fixed %.

Our WWS data is here:
http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=sahju6sjxrb3c

and yes, I changed the config to list "pure" hits not hits + crits.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.