Resilience Cap
Apparently there is a cap to resilience, where adding more has no effect. After 493 (492.5 actually) resilience, adding more will not reduce the amount of damage you take from a crit, and this has been measured via in-game testing. It has not been confirmed by Blizzard, to my knowledge.

Maybe this is old news, but it was new to me. I now have 421 resilience in my PvP gear with no PvP weapon and offhand yet, along with no resilence chest enchant. If I get those, I'd be nearing the cap. I had always previously believed that more was always better, no matter what, especially as a Priest.

A hard cap seems strange at first, since there aren't too many other ratings in the game that have hard, built-in caps. Even Defense doesn't truly "cap" at 490 - it wouldn't help you against mobs, but it could theoretically help you in PvP. Resilience just simply hard-caps. Adding more won't reduce crit damage against you, although I don't know about chance-to-be-crit reduction. When you consider the math though, it starts to make sense.

At 493 resilience, you are at approximately -30% damage from crits. This makes it so a spellcrit against you only provides an extra 20% damage. If you allow characters to wear ever more resilience, you risk a scenario where a spell crit made against you would perform less damage than a normal hit, making it so critting would lower your damage. This is impossible to do against melee hits since their damage is doubled, versus the 150% boost spell crits get, but I could see it happening against spell crit damage if enough resilience gear entered the game.

Still, it's good to know that if you're at or near the cap, it's better to focus on other stats with enchants and gems.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The cap has been confirmed and demonstrated as far as damage done due to a crit, but I don't think it is confirmed for continuing to reduce the crit% chance. I think it would make sense to put a cap on damage reduction to avoid the scenario where crits are actually undesirable, but I doubt they have capped crit % reduction.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.