Wafa Sultan
We've asked for muslims (fomer in this case) to step forward and denounce the violence and backwardness of jihadism. Here is one I lift up for the Lounge.

On Glen Beck -- by CAIR tv (Center on American Islamic Relations).

Her speaking out on Al Jazeera

On Danish TV
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:We've asked for muslims (fomer in this case) to step forward and denounce the violence and backwardness of jihadism. Here is one I lift up for the Lounge.

On Glen Beck -- by CAIR tv (Center on American Islamic Relations).

Her speaking out on Al Jazeera

On Danish TV

It's heartening to know people are thinking for themselves, and coming to reject the religion of their culture, as much as that may invite harsh backlash.

Now, only about 5 billion to go, and John Lennon can rest easy.

-Jester

Edit: redundancy
Quote:Now, only about 5 billion to go, and John Lennon can rest easy.
I would be happy if people were given the freedom to believe whatever they want without fear of suffering deprivation, torture, and death.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:I would be happy if people were given the freedom to believe whatever they want without fear of suffering deprivation, torture, and death.

As they say, Amen.

-Jester
Quote:Now, only about 5 billion to go, and John Lennon can rest easy.

-Jester

Edit: redundancy
He's not resting, he is no more. He is an ex Beatle, an ex human. He was worm food, he is now not even that. He has passed on. Bereft of life, he crossed the bar thanks to the kinteic effects of six slugs fired at point blank range.

That not a single bullet hit Yoko is a datum supporting Lennon's premise that there is no God.

(Thank you, Denis Leary and John Cleese, for the inspirations for this post.)

As to the bravest Muslims, a lot of them live in Iraq, and have not published any book. They get up every day when it could be their last, and try to get on with it as best they can. These brave ones risk their lives trying to get the Islamist *******s to GTFO of their town or region.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:As to the bravest Muslims, a lot of them live in Iraq, and have not published any book. They get up every day when it could be their last, and try to get on with it as best they can. These brave ones risk their lives trying to get the Islamist *******s to GTFO of their town or region.

Occhi
I believe that. Braver (or suicidal) to speak up and stay in the middle east.