Red Crescent halted as design for Flight 93 memorial
The opponents are a little wacky on the conspiracy theory stuff, but it does make you wonder what some people are thinking. I'd say 10 out of 10 on the lack of tact using the red crescent as a part of a memorial design for Islamic terrorist event. That is,unless it were an Eagle ripping the Crescent apart. :)

Opponents Criticize Flight 93 Memorial for Using Islamic Symbols

I believe they are converting the Red Crescent into more of a circle now.

Here is a excerpt of an AP news story,
"WASHINGTON - The architect of the memorial to a plane downed in western Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, 2001, said Wednesday he would work to satisfy critics who complained that it honors terrorists with its crescent-shaped design. Designer Paul Murdoch said he is “somewhat optimistic” that the spirit of the design could be maintained. “It’s a disappointment there is a misinterpretation and a simplistic distortion of this, but if that is a public concern, then that is something we will look to resolve in a way that keeps the essential qualities,” Murdoch, 48, of Los Angeles, said in a telephone interview."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I'd say 10 out of 10 on the lack of tact using the red crescent as a part of a memorial design for Islamic terrorist event. That is,unless it were an Eagle ripping the Crescent apart.

Trying for that elusive 11th point?

-Jester
Quote:Trying for that elusive 11th point?
Exactly! :) I think you are catching on to my sense of humor!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]