Troubleshooting for Skana
Hello everyone.

Figured I may as well make this public, as I have no idea about Macs, so in trying to help an old friend I figured, maybe someone else might have a better idea.

Old friend of mine can't seem to get Diablo to run on his Mac Leopard.

Anybody out there using the same O/S? Anything you had to do to get Diablo to work?

I am under the impression that Leopard can run XP.

Assuming Skana has an XP product key:

Switch to XP mode (however that's done). Diablo in theory should run as normal. Use your old PC version of Diablo. Update from 1.01 to 1.07 (can't find 1.07 on Internet anymore, PM's Skana for his email so can send copy of 1.07) and then let Blizzard update you from there to 1.09.

Assuming Skana hasn't got an XP product key:

Switch to Mac mode (however that's done). Use a Mac copy of Diablo (which i think you said you have). Try manually patch to 1.09 using the Mac patch found here:
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches...09%20Update.hqx

Hoping it's that simple.

Otherwise Skana, please let us know what is going wrong in more detail and I will try to help you further.
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
As I recall, Mac Diablo is at best OS9 compatible. There is no longer OS9 (Classic Mode) support in OS X Leopard. Not gonna run.

If you want to try a somewhat exotic solution, you could try SheepSaver. That allows some OS 9 programs to run. I'd not be optimistic, though. The easiest solution is to run XP in a Boot Camp partition. This may be the "XP mode" you are referring to. Switch to XP, run Diablo, problem solved.

You have to have a copy of XP to install into the Boot Camp partition if you haven't already.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:As I recall, Mac Diablo is at best OS9 compatible. There is no longer OS9 (Classic Mode) support in OS X Leopard. Not gonna run.

If you want to try a somewhat exotic solution, you could try SheepSaver. That allows some OS 9 programs to run. I'd not be optimistic, though. The easiest solution is to run XP in a Boot Camp partition. This may be the "XP mode" you are referring to. Switch to XP, run Diablo, problem solved.

You have to have a copy of XP to install into the Boot Camp partition if you haven't already.

Linux + Cedega.;)

(Aw, come on. It was witty.:P)
Roland *The Gunslinger*