This Lurker had a good weekend, how about you?
My little game company, Foolish Media, (Comprised of Lurkers who are also RL friends) went to a Con with our Game, Oh Cluck!, a couple of D&D HomeBrews we had designed, and a brand new game we are in the process of prepping for market.

We had a blast. Sold some stuff, ran a D&D one shot with the homebrew stuff, that people loved, and had better than anticipated responses to our new game.

We even pocketed a few awards, leaving us a little humbled by our peers.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Shoju.
Used to play WoW on Terenas.
Played PoE for a while, Guild Leader of the Lurker guild there. Back to playing.
Lover of stringed instruments, and the beautiful music they make.
Shoju, you're allowed to link to your own creation. You're not advertising, you're a Lurker! We're interested!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well Thanks Smile I didn't want to step on any toes.

So, My business if Foolish Media.

Earlier this year, we successfully Kickstarted our first Card Game, Oh Cluck!, and have been Self Publishing / Distributing since then.

Oh Cluck! is a Dual Deck game where you and friends will sit around and fight with "Roosters" (official game term, even though they are not all Roosters / Chicken). First one to a dozen eggs, or last Rooster Standing wins. (Yes. There are puns, and jokes, and all manner of hilarity)

[Image: Box-Art.png]

We didn't intend it to be the hit that it is with the pre-teen / teen demographic, but that's where we ended up, and we're pretty happy with that.

We are working with our manufacturer, and have had preliminary talks with a distributor about getting the game a broader audience.

Our second Game, Fill in the Game, is an "interactive" party Game, that can again cater to a younger / family demographic, or to a more NSFW demographic, as you end up being your own filter in the game. FitG was designed to be a played with a larger group of players (6+) that don't have to be "gamers" to play. The only requirement is that you are OK with making a fool of yourself, as the game relies on interaction, and acting to play.

We debuted this game at Con on the Cob this weekend, and it was an absolute blast. We knew we needed to hammer out some of the rules, but we needed people that weren't "Us" to show us how to get that done. We had the rules hammered out by Friday Night, and the rest of the weekend was spent demoing with much more concrete rules, and people having a blast.

[Image: FitG-Render.jpg]

We have a PodCast, 2 Fools Rushing In (you can find it on the site.) Originally, it was just myself, and GojuKaine getting drunk, and talking about current events, and weird news. As the company started to evolve, and we started to pick up momentum, we've switched it up, and talk more pop culture, gaming, and Dungeons and Dragons. The first 100 ish episodes are a real crap shoot on quality, but we are definitely finding our groove as we added D&D RP sessions, and added Vecindak (also from Terenas) to the mix.

Because of this PodCast, we have gotten into D&D Homebrewing, and have set our sites on using Wizards' really cool licensing for 5E to build a Monster Manual, and then a Campaign / Setting Sourcebook, based on the world that we have RP'd in for about 20 years.

Over the weekend, we ended up running a 1 shot utilizing our first two monsters. Gozer, the Bone Sculptor, was built on the podcast, for Vecindak's Campaign he runs at a local Game Cafe.
The Cobbler, was built specifically for Con on the Cob. When we got the OK to run the game, we ended up designing, and illustrating him at the Con.

[Image: CotC-DND-1024x737.jpg]

You can check out our First Level Boss Gozer

It was a great weekend for the lot of us, topped by winning the "Off the Cob" Award as a vendor.

Here is GojuKaine, and Vecindak at the booth with our awards. I wasn't able to attend on Sunday, as I was at my daughter's first Symphony Concert.

[Image: CotC-AwardWrap.jpg]

For those who may have played with us, Foolish Media is:

GojuKaine
Vecindak
Palpy
and myself,
from Terenas.
Shoju.
Played PoE for a while, Guild Leader of the Lurker guild there. Back to playing.
Congrats on the games and the gaming company! Looks awesome!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Thanks!

We are small, but we are definitely moving in the right direction. Partnering to bring Fill in the Game to market, while not a game that any of us would have ever designed, is looking to be very promising for us.

The reception this weekend exceeded even our best expectations, and we even got a little love from Cyanide and Happiness, who are pretty cool dudes.
Shoju.