Sadly POE Did Not Meet My Expectations
Greetings,

I started playing POE during the open beta. I enjoyed the game for the quality of the graphics, non PG visuals, and it's similar style to Diablo.

Sadly, after about six months to a year of playing, I realized I was farming too much and not interested in the game. I attribute this to the overwhelming amount of drops, passive skill tree, and complicated socket/skill integration. In general I found it to be overwhelming. Tailoring your character build is disheartening at times when things are so complex.

Star Citizen is my new hope. It is an experience to say the least. Space is awesome!

Thanks for reading.

GhastMaster
Sup Ghast. I haven't tried PoE yet, but yea, it does look complex...the skill tree in particular looks way overwhelming with too much going on with it. Sometimes less is more, ya know?
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Perhaps you will like it better on XBox One?

I really enjoy PoE, but not the absolute end-game farming aspects. I usually build a character to 70-80 or until I've had my fill, then rinse and repeat with a new character. The game is definitely overwhelming but I tend to tunnel vision and just go with the flow. Sometimes I make a character that's really effective in maps, but not lab, or vice versa. Sometimes my characters hit a brick wall at 50/60. I've found with my most effective characters (such as blade vortex last patch), is that I enjoyed the game the least as I could just steamroll content without challenge. It's the slower play style that I like which is not very meta, so I tend to play solo self found now.

Anyhow, perhaps with future content you'll enjoy the game. If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask!