New Character Models
With the legion pre-patch I seem to be seeing new character models, even though the new character models option is turned off.

Am I crazy?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Since there was some confusion from my explanation of the issue, what I am saying is that it appears I am seeing new character models when the option is turned off in system settings.

Turning the new character models option off or on makes no difference that I can see. Thus I believe there is a bug.

Does this happen for anyone else?
At least the demon hunters exclusively use the new character modes and I believe it extends to the rest of the night elves (that's what I've seen personally, at least).

I don't make a habit of running around without the option, though, so they're the only ones I've noticed.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Tonight I went looking for mention of this bug or feature on the Blizzard forums. There are multiple threads of outrage, one twenty pages long. I finished one thread and when I got to page 16 of another I took a break from reading.

Elves seem to have suffered worst. Though prior to the patch my dear sweet gnomes all had a Mona Lisa smile. Now they are scowling. I admit, if someone messed with my face that way I'd be scowling too.